close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

NE Ohio Crappie?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by archman, May 28, 2004.

1. Are there any spots that are still hot for crappie now? I took the girl back home to Clear Fork last night and we probably caught about 100, but they weren't very big. They have also shut down all the hot spots due to the storms, so the fishing is limited. I've tried Mosquito before, but never did that well there.

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

I can't attest for it since the outing, but West Branch was ON FIRE for slabs a few weeks ago. Never have I caught that many big ones in one sitting. We only had 2 that were 11" or smaller.

3. stormfront

stormfront Guest

do not know if you fish pa, but shenango has been giving up a lot os slabs. from what i am told, they are running bigger this year than in the last few years.

4. kingcrappie

kingcrappie Member

The bite is not on yet. Because of this great Ohio weather. I've been up to Milton and they are starting to pick up 9" To 11" in size.Hopefully in the next week or to you shuld be gettin a bucket full. Good luck.

5. Does anyone have a phone number for a bait shop near Milton?

6. kingcrappie

kingcrappie Member

Miller Marine Equipment and bait shop right beforet the bridge on mahoning 330-654-3081

7. took 26 crappie at westbranch on fri, all were 11" - 13", water is clearing, fish are still in the willows, gold hook & minnow.