Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been catching a bunch of these between 20 and 28" this year, but I can't seem to find any really big catfish. I've targeted some of my favorite local lakes in northeast ohio, but I'm thinking that I may need to try some rivers?

Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
if u want the big ones you will have to be patient and use large pieces of cut bait or better yet live chubs. Limit yourself to these and u will get a big one. Try fishing at our river systems or salt fork, senaca, clendening, piedmont, and tappan. Always big ones out of there

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I also agree with the live chubs I've done very well with them this year.I would also add Mosquito and Westbranch and maybe even Ladue to that list.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Live blue gill drifting flats is also a good method for the big ones. Not as many bites< but hold on when you get one. I fish one cut bait one live bait.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Live blue gill drifting flats is also a good method for the big ones. Not as many bites< but hold on when you get one. I fish one cut bait one live bait.
agree with driftfish some live gills always get the big ones as well as the ocasional nice bass. I usually just free line em out there and when the line goes tight and stays tight he's got it!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Looks like I should hit wb. Tried last year but the water jockeys were seriously out of control. Had one idiot running 70 when it was dark! No wake side?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts