close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

NE Lakes Update

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Big Daddy, Apr 8, 2004.

1. This is all I've heard as of Thursday. Hope it helps you plan your weekend.

Portage Lakes: Crappies are biting fairly well around brushpiles and shallow flats. Had the best luck on tube jigs, also minnows under a bobber. Use light line though, they can be skiddish. Some gills are also hitting. Bass are hitting small cranks and vibe-e's casted and retrieved. Hit the drop-offs and you'll find fish.

Mogadore: Perch are on the sand bars, crappies staging, and gills are stacking up. Bass are hitting cranks on weed edges. A few more degrees and it'll be ON big time.

Berlin: Have heard nothing from out there.

West Branch: Muddy West, clearing towards the dam. I'll let you know how I do Saturday.

Nimisila: Crappies taken on SE end in the evenings. Haven't heard of anything else.

If I get any other info, I'll let you guys know.

Carl

2. Thanks for all the info :D
    Now can I place my order for fish and do you make home delivery ?
    JimG :eek:

3. :D LOL Jim.

I can be persuaded to deliver. For you, if we hook up sometime, I'll bring some fillets. LOL

Carl

4. Thanks for the offer , I was just kidding about the fish. You know I was thinking about you last night about your work you told me about when we met.
    Maybe you can do some filming of yourself fishing and start the "One Tank Fishing Trip" and become a big star on tv ?
    Just wanted to let you know I'd watch .
    It's just about time now for some great fishing for one of my friends brought my yearly easter basket with four eggs with painted crappies on them.
    I see where Husky is into them with a good catch , so with those reports it's getting better.
    Happy Easter Carl.
    JimG :rolleyes:

5. Hopefully Husky won't catch them all. He's a darn good fisherman! LOL. My "lateral line" has been tingling all day. I just get the feeling the fish are going to be very active this weekend. The crappies, anyway. LOL

As far as the TV thing goes, I'd be more than happy to bring the camera up. Only problem is, it always tends to interfere with MY fishing! LOL. I would be nice to get some crappie fishing on tape for the future. I'm keeping positive about still, someday, getting a QUALITY Ohio outdoors show together. Seems such a waste that there isn't one now.

Oh well. I'll let you know how I do on teh crappie this weekend.

Carl