close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Natures bounty

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Lewzer, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Our garden this year is probably one of the best we ever had. Everything but the green peppers are doing fantastic.
    We already have over 10 bushels of tomatos (big girl, hillbilly, roma, yellow and a special sauce type I got in Italy last year) countless bushels of 4 types of green beans(blue lake, half runners, cranberry and string),hot peppers, medium and jalapenos, 8 bushels of cucumbers, tons of zuchinni and yellow squash, sweet peas, 2 types of potatos, eggplant and the best corn in the world-silver queen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's yesterday's take. Left about 2 more bushels of tomatos in the garden. Ran out of containers and bags.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I give away tons to neighbors and coworkers. Most coworkers think I'm weird because I don't eat any plant matter except fresh sweet corn straight out of the field. They always ask why do you grow it if you won't eat it. I tell them the same reason I fish and release 95% of the fish I catch.

2. Those are some beuatiful looking Veggies. I have to agree with everyone else though. Man you are nuts for not eating that stuff!:eek: That is the most healthy meal and the best tasting in my mind. One of my favorite is to take a couple of big tomatoes and slice them up on my plate after eating the sweet corn and leaving a big pile of butter and salt and pepper.

Now I'm hungry.:rolleyes:

3. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

4. wish i lived closer.i d raid the garden of eden lol

5. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Wished you lived closer too Dan. We could do some fishing.

6. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

Our green peppers aren't doing for squat either. Tomatoes out the ying-yang!

7. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

in my little garden ive also noticed the bell peppers especially arent producing much, but the hot peppers are doing ok, but the tomatoes are really doing very well.