close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Nature wall mural

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BuzzBob, Aug 2, 2004.

1. BuzzBob

BuzzBob Take a Dad fishing

Anyone out there ever put up one of those 8 panel wall murals? You know the ones I'm talking about. They have river scenes, deer, woods, eagles etc. I'm looking for something to fit up on the wall opposite a rock wall in the great room. Already have a stained glass duck scene on the south wall and TV/book case on the south wall. The west wall is plain boring paint. I know your not interior decoraters but thought I'd ask anyway.

2. The toughest part is preparing the wall. Get it as smooth as possible and when you feel it is ready, check it again for protruding imperfections. It may be overkill but I have always painted the smooth wall with Kilz or Bin prior to applying the sizing. After that it is a matter of following the directions and being darn careful.
    PS I hate wallpapering and now refuse to do it as it eats into my fishing or recoupe from fishing time. :D

3. get some natures wood paneling

see me in lancster ohio

4. I Put One Up Yrs Ago,its Still Up.makes The Room Look Bigger..i Had To Go To A Few Wallpaper Places To Find What I Wanted..also Had To Order It..it Wasnt That Hard To Put Up..i Remember I Got Air Bubbles When Putting It Up..just Use A Small Syringe To Get Em Out...