close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Natural Gas Prices

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by shroomhunter, Sep 29, 2005.

1. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

OK, After listening to the BS on why we are going to be raped on natural gas this year I just had to post this. I work for an engineering firm that monitors corrosion of natural gas pipelines. We work for a couple very large natural gas companies that supply the whole Eastern half of the US with natural gas.
    The gas that we will use this winter was brought up here in March and April from the Gulf and also down from Canada/Alaska. This gas was pumped into dry wells in Stark Wayne Ashland and Portage counties. The disruption in the pipelines will have no effect upon the supply because it is already here.
    Maybe next years supply is going to be impacted because of the hurricanes,
    Yeah the Miami Hurricanes football team.
    Just wanted to gripe a little since I know this and can't complain to anyone at work. They are happy about the price gouging.

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

ain't that something.. thanks for the heads up.. i might as well bend over and let them get it over and done with.. i'll be paying for it regardless..

3. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Hey they must just feel left out..they see all of us idiots pay WAY more than we should for petro and figure why not..same old thing, we HAVE to purchase these things to happily go about everyday life...and we will pay the natural gas hike too...whats next? meat prices rise because of the hurricanes stress on the cows in Texas...well theres the open door for MILK prices....and all of the food supplies from the south too.....i see no end in sight!

Ya know is a damn shame when you look at gas prices and think to yourself that $2.50 is cheap for gas, i better fill up!!

Sure remember the good old days when i bought gas for $.99..and we all knew the gas companys made plenty of money off that price...guess they can all take some big fat happy bonuses this year huh???

I say screw the raindeer..tap the Alaskan oil reserves and lets get back to the simple life !..that is before the terrorist wise up and start bombing our oil rigs, which this whole BS as shown is the easiset way to cripple the USA....take away thier gas and they cant drive thier big SUV's...then they'll cry uncle!!

Biggest strongest nation in the world..yea..right! Makes me sick,

Scott

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I say tell the Saudi's, Iraqi's, etc.... that we will give you $30 per barrell of oil, no more no less. If they dont like it fine. A bushell of corn goes up to $70, wheat etc..... the same. The price goes up. If they dont like it tough, dont sell it to us. See how far you get without us, then we'll pull our soliders out of their countries, they can go back to killing each other, w'll put those soliders on the borders, that way noone can get in & we completely block our selves from the outside world. If we did that they would be begging for us to buy thei oil for $30 per barrell.

5. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

amen mellon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i have no idea how these politicians expect middle class americans to be able to simply make ends meet.i heard that heating fuel will see up to a 70% increase!!!!!,who do they think can afford that?
    the credit card companies must be getting a little nervous about getting their money too.they're raising the minimun payment amounts.

6. I was listening to the news yesterday and they were talking about the rate hikes on natural gas for this winter.They reported it could have a 77% increase compared to last winter.Obviously for those of us that have gas furnaces,the logical thing to do would be go out and purchase electric heaters,but then as soon as the electric company figured it out that we all were doing that,they would jack their prices up astronomically also.Bills keep getting higher and higher,while wages stay the same,or get lower.I still don't totally believe it's a political issue,I still think it's just the same old corporate greed as always.The ceo's of all these mega-billion corporations look at us as nothing more than dollar signs,and they ALL know there's nothing we can do about it.It's pretty simple really-don't like fuel prices,don't drive-don't like natural gas prices,freeze your ass off-don't like meat and produce prices,starve.They hold all the cards,always have,and it's not right,but what can we do?

7. Though the idea of isolationism sounds appealing, it just wouldn't work. But I do believe that a certain amount of strong arming wouldn't hurt either.

I saw an interview with Donald Trump where he said the exact same thing. He said he knew 20 people off the top of his head who could negotiate better prices for gas. It was an interesting interview.

I would much rather make ethanol and put the American farmer back on the ledger. Even if ethanol cost the same as gas in the long run, at least we'd be giving our money to Americans and that could create jobs.

Politicians from both sides of the aisle have sold the average American out to foreign competitors. I say if you beat a Democratic or Republican drum during the elections, you don't see what is truly happening to this country. I say we just beat the Democrat or Republican. These politicians have no fear of that anymore.

Eric

8. Wouldn't it be cool if they held an election,and nobody came?

9. Mushroomman,

If I knew what you originally stated about the natural gas already being here..............

I wouldn't only post it here. I would call some investigative arm of a major news network or newspaper and let them dig up this crap. They're always itchin' for a scandal to dominate the news with.

Do it quietly, so your compnay doesn't find out though.

Eric

10. BTW,I'm going to hit Alum in the am.

11. RW,

You probably know me better than anyone on this site, and you know I have a very political side to me. One of the first changes this country needs to make is campaign finance laws that work. Until we do that, big companies run the country. Lobbyists control Congress. Look where all these senators go after they retire....They become a member of some Board of Directors for some company. Gee, I wonder how that happened?

If I were a politician, I would move elections to Mondays, not Tuesdays. I'd make it a FEDERAL HOLIDAY, making sure that most people had the day off to go vote. You would vote from the age of 18 and if you didn't vote for a 3 to 5 year period, you would lose your right to vote (why would you care, you haven't voted for 3-5 years anyhow). That way, if an election were held and less than 50% voted, it wouldn't count. Do over necessary!

Now I'm fired up.......

Eric

12. I vote we go fishing tomorrow!

13. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

I agree but I would add that all elections should be help on the Monday after April 15th. That way after you have paid all of your hard earned money to those Duplicitous SOB's in taxes you can decide who you want as a politition!!

14. Last week it was said on the news that 45-48 senators are millionaires. I'll bet there are more than that if we could find out about the family holdings. Do you think they appreciate what we have to deal with as regular citizens ? I think not. Money talks bullroar walks. Campaign funding reform has to be our first priority, Stop the payoffs. Vote the incumbents out no matter how good you think they are. They're all in there for the bucks. I don't think there is one patriot among them.

15. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

I am attempting to contact the media. It's time someone let the cat out of the bag. Although it will just be like everything else, nothing will be done about it.
    The sad truth to it all is, as was stated before, you have to pay the fiddler if you want to dance.
    Untill we truly seek independence from fossil fuels we will continue to be gouged. I am looking into other possible sources of energy for heating my home but there are deed restrictions against solar panels and those wood burning units that sit outside and pump hot water into the house. I wondered at the time if the person that created the deed restrictions owned stock in the gas company.
    Gone fishing in Coshocton tomorrow, time to think about positive things :D

16. The theory I have held the longest is that no mater who wins an election, 1)Those boys in Washington, all of them, are still the most powerful, wealthy people on the planet. 2) They like it when we, the people, get to arguing the petty differences because in the end, see rule 1.

17. Exactly right ss,it wouldn't matter who's in there,they could care less about any of us period.Doesn't matter if it's an incumbent,or a newly elected official,the end result will be the same.The large campaign donations given to somebody that's running is only given for one reason,repaying the favor when they get elected.BTW,gas in Mansfield went up to $2.94 today,gee,can't wait until next week!

18. If you have listened closely in years past, when the winter is harsh, gas prices go up. Conversly when winter is mild, gas prices go up.......... That is just like ground hogs day. 6 more weeks of winter no matter what he sees.

19. I met my brother's soon to be in-laws this past summer. I was shocked to her what my brother's mother in law had to say about politicians. It's true.

She said she doesn't trust any of them, and that they have lost their fear of being "removed" from office!@. I think she's right on.

I read in Oliver North's book on the Iran-Contra scandal that senators come and go, presidents come and go, but the Washington insiders never leave the beltway. Lobbyists and the like.....exactly what we don't need more lawyers and so on............

Eric

20. UFM82

UFM82 The one others want to be

Do you believe that the companies are buying natural gas right now for this winter? Or did they buy it last year and lock in on price? And similarly the year before that? Did it ever occur to you that the price you paid last year was in response to what the market did last year, not what they paid for the gas? This year supplies are going to be tight- the stocks will be dwindling as gas is used and not replaced. The gas that is bought will be the high priced stuff and the companies are trying to cover their butts. If the gas gets cheaper again in the future, prices will drop. Then you'll benefit from the lower price that the company is buying the fuel for at next year's price.

That's probably hard to read but I can't put it any different. It all forecasting and taking the risk. If the beancounters are right they buy ahead and make a few bucks- if not, they lose money. Just ask Delta and Northwest what happens when you lose money for too long.

UFM82