close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Natural Bridge State Park

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by fratfish, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Looking to head down to natural bridge this fall for a weekend. i was just wondering if there was any good trout fishing, preferably native brookies, in the streams and rivers around this area, any info that could be provided would be of great assistance, thanks

2. I live in Lexington, KY...not too far from Natural Bridge. The area is not known for its fishing. There is Millcreek Lake and Middlefork Creek right there, both provide fishing opportunities. Middlefork Creek is stocked with trout by the state, I think Millcreek Lake maybe too (not sure though). However, this time of year, especially with the 90-100 degree temps we've had for almost 2 weeks straight now, I doubt many of the trout are still alive except maybe in deep cold pools.

On a larger picture, the fishing can't be that great because...I never hear of anyone from here fishing there. Now the real fishing lake in that area is Cave Run Lake...probably about a 45 minute drive. THE BEST MUSKIE FISHING IN THE EASTERN UNITED STATES and awesome bass too.