close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

National Championship Game ?

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by KWILSON512, Dec 2, 2007.

1. LSU (11-2) SEC Champs

35.6%
  2. VT ( 10-2) ACC Champs

2.2%
  3. Georgia (10-2)

24.4%
  4. Oklahoma (10-2) Big 12 Champs

11.1%
  5. USC (9-2) Pac 10 Champs

4.4%
  6. Hawaii (12-0) WAC Champs

20.0%
  7. Other - Please state case...

2.2%
  1. Who should join the Buckeyes in the National Championship Game?

I voted Georgia, Heres why....
    - They havent lost since Oct 6th
    - LSU was ranked #1 twice this year and been knocked off both times
    - Last 2 of 8 years a team has gone to NC without winning Confrence
    - I thought UGA looked real good the last half of the season.

2. KaGee

KaGee Monkeywrench Staff Member

Don't care... just d-a-m-n glad to be there.

The OSU media haters are trying to justify every reason in the book to put LSU in the big game.

3. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

I voted LSU. I don't care who we play I think OSU is in trouble. If we down there and pull another game like we did against Florida, it'll do us more harm than good. I wish those in front of us would have taken care of their business, we go to the Rose Bowl and defeat say, USC, avenging our Big-10 bungle in the bowls last year, return even a MORE improved team next year and march to the championship.

I bleed scarlet/grey, but I'll say it here first. We don't stand a change in the title game.

(dons Flame Suit)

4. Marshall

Marshall Catch Photo And Release

Oh we got a chance if Osu comes and plays! I have faith in them.

5. Perch

Perch Perch Addict

ARGHHHHHH the Webmaster of OHIO game fishing.com saying we dont have a chance.......arghhhh Roger youre killing me..............LOL

6. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

He see's the Forest...nothing wrong with being a realist...! :eek: ;) :D

7. We don't even know who their playing to say that they don't have a shot! It sounds like some people here don't even think that OSU is a top 10 team???:confused:

This is what confuses me about the BCS. If Georgia didn't have a chance to move up to #2 with WVU/Mizzou losing...then why the hell do they rank them #4 coming in to this weeks games??? Move 'em behind LSU and just say "tough sh*t"! It drives me nuts.

In my opinion there are about 8 teams that you can make a case for. Without a playoff, its all about being in the right place at the right time, period. OSU is in and they deserve it. Oklahoma impressed me last night and USC is on fire...but when it's all said and done, it will be LSU. When in doubt-winner of the toughest conference gets the nod.

8. DarbyMan

DarbyMan Seize the day

Don't stand a chance in the title game!!!!!!!!!

You're crazy, Pitt didn't have a chance against WVU, Illinois didn't have a chance against OSU, Arkansas didn't have a chance against LSU, Stanford didn't have a chance against USC, and App St. didn't have a chance against Mich.

OSU has enough talent, power, skill, and coaching ability to beat anyone, anywhere. If you don't believe that, you don't bleed scarlet and gray. We back down from noone, period. And besides, we don't even know for sure who's gonna be there.

9. If I hear or read one more thing regarding LAST YEAR and FLORIDA I'm going to Puke! That was last year, Boy OSU lost in 1948 to Florida, we can't compete with the SEC--what about 1948! LOL SEC IS A JOKE JUST LIKE THE BCS_WVU
    and anyone talking junk about the BUCKS!

Bucks 31
    SEC 20

10. DarbyMan....... You nailed it. Could not have said it better myself!!

11. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

with all the top teams being toppled this year by "lesser" teams,this season has proven that on any given day,ANY team can be beaten by any other team,no matter their record;)
    i look for the bucks to redeem themselves this year against whomever they play,BUT..........................................:D ;)

12. fugarwi7

fugarwi7 Lumberjack

As much as I don't want it to be, LSU will get the nod...The BCS committee needs to make the match-up as large as possible to make-up for the deficiencies in the system, and if they don't give it to a conference champion, it will not mean as much...I hope they still put Georgia or VT in, but I doubt it!

I just hope Tressel gets the Bucks ready, since we don't need a repeat of last season, regardless of who they play. If we do play LSU, I hope we knock there di*ks in the dirt!

GO BUCKS

13. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Your right in this mess they will go for the biggest match up and money maker in there eyes.

The AP top 25 is out and:
    1. Ohio State (50)

2. LSU (11)

3. Oklahoma (1)

4. Georgia (1)

5. Virginia Tech (1)

6. USC

7. Missouri

8. Kansas

9. Florida

10. Hawaii (1)

11. West Virginia

12. Arizona State

13. Illinois

14. Justin S

Justin S c-ya on the water

it's sad to hear that some of you think the buc's don't stand a chance. if you think JT didn't learn anything from last year then your crazy, he will never let that happen again. and for all you naysayers when we get a line on the game you will see that OSU is favored by at least three points.

15. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

i say hawaii. if boise st. would have went to the nc game last year like they should have because they were undefeated they would have won it. no team with 2 loses should even be considered.

16. I think you guys are crazy giving OSU little to no chance an have to think thats its a result of a meadia brainwashing since last seasons National Title game. I was a little scared of running into Oregon (With Dixon) and WV because both have dual threat QB's but now I honestly feel that the Buckeyes will be the National Champions.

LSU - 2 Losses both in 3 overtimes but lost to Kentucky and Arkansas not exactly the cream of the crop in SEC play. As A OSU fan I have no business talking bad about a teams non confrence schedule but LSU played the likes of
    Middle Tenn, Tulane and Louisianna Tech. They did however kill a good VT team.

I just dont see how OSU dont match up good. I've posted the average 40 times amoung defensive starts in here before and OSU is faster on D than all of the SEC teams in that category.

Hawaii - I can see why you guys voted for them and Michigan State did drop them from their schedule but c'mon. Were talking about a team that beat everybody but NOBODY. That said I think Hawaii's offense would give all the team we're talking about fits. If there ever was a year a non BCS team should get a shot at the title this may be it.

17. I would like to see a Hawaii / West Virginia matchup...I have no desire to watch Hawaii play anyone else though. Ratings wise, the BCS voters will probably look to last season's Boise St. game but I personally didn't watch a snap of that game until I was made aware of the score in the 4th quarter.

I hope that whomever the Warriors play beats them by atleast 4 touchdowns so we can put atleast this portion of the BCS debate to rest.

18. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

I would lay money on an Ohio State vs LSU match up it all makes sense. The BCS loves the big hoopla and the money schools. Ohio state is notorious for traveling and spending the jack and since the Game is in New Orleans what better than to have LSU in the big game.

Jan 7th

Ohio State vs LSU
    score
    Buckeyes 24 LSU 21.

19. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

i really could care less who ohio state ends up playing!
    even if they lose the title game they still finish up in 2nd place,not too bad for what was expected from them at the beginning of the year,3rd in the big 10!
    it's great to see what tressel has done with the program.this will be his 3rd title shot already(a dropped pass against texas cost osu another shot!).he knows how to coach and run an offense around the players he has.
    it really torqued me to hear all of the whining from the fair weather fans after the illinois loss.the ones who complained should have moved to michigan...ohio is too good for them!

20. Personally, I would pick VT to play OSU. I know, I know; LSU slaughtered them earlier in the year, but going into this week VT was ahead of LSU in the rankings. Last time I checked, it mattered when you lost the games and LSU lost last week.