close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

nasty pop-ups

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by moke11, Jun 9, 2004.

1. moke11

moke11

Does anyone else get pop-ups when viewing the forums? Just wondering whether my browser got hi-jacked, or whether this is someway to generate money for OGF. Hopefully, this is not an effort to fund the site, cause I won't be hanging around if it is.

2. I have found the same problem also. How do I stop it???

3. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

I was just going to refer evryone to the other thread. guys, you should NOT be getting ANY pop up ads, and only one pop-under in twelve hours. At that measly rate, I have not found this to be any problem personally.

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

small price to pay to keep this site free, I dont have a problem with them at all.

5. AOL 9.0 0ptimized offers a pop-up blocker and allows you to select any pop-ups to view.....if you want to.

6. Stampede

Stampede The Fish Feeder

Like wise with AOL 8.0,no popups.

7. MLAROSA

MLAROSA Loving Life

8. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Rumi is right. You shouldn't be getting but maybe 1 each time you visit OGF. If you are getting more than those, please let us know, as that was part of the agreement for the program. It is generating good $$ which is goign to be put to use toward the site. Let us state though........this isn't permanant yet, only a trial basis for now.

9. MLAROSA

MLAROSA Loving Life

Well I am just saying in general with the high speed interenet access I notice alot more pop ups. I am constantly preforming maintance on my computer to reduce the ammount I recieve.

Other sites will often place tracking cookies on your maching that will make you have pop ups more frequently and the such.

To avoid the problem I suggest downloading the program I mentioned, along with removing temp internet files (almost daily) and deleting cookies often as well. The only real downside to deleting your cookies is that you have to log in to all the sites that require a log in name.

10. DavidWS10

DavidWS10 Bankless Boat Trash

Shawn, I just got 2 pop-ups (not pop-unders) when I came to the site when I clicked on an email notification link. My browser was not open at the time, either.