close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Nascar Points leader!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by flathunter, Aug 23, 2004.

1. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Jeff Gordon..."SUPERMAN"

2. sporty

sporty OGF Team - Charter Member

Gotta admit he's been solid the past few weeks. I'm starting to like this new points system ;). I bet you're now starting to dislike it???

-Jeff

3. flathunter

Yea, I dont care for it at the moment! :( :D

4. rockbass

rockbass Banned

You mean Super Sissy! :p :D

Kidding ya! not a fan of him,but he has been doing good the last few races.

5. Tee

Tee Team OGF

Good Job Jeff! He's tearin' up the track! :D

6. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Doesn't Gordon use Henderick Motors as well as Jimmy Johnson? 3 in a row for Jimmy and 0 for Gordon. Odd ;)

Was at the races on Saturday and Sunday. Good time :)

7. crappiebub

crappiebub Justcrazy's Guide!

Gordon is Jimmy's car owner??? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

8. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

Can you say Mark Martin? He's the one on a mission right now. Hendrick Motor Sports is sputtering at the worst (or best) possible time. I kinda like it.

9. fishinchick

fishinchick The 'Chick!!!!

This was a GREAT weekend. Well, not so much for Jr because they couldn't get his car on target. But for me it was perfect. I met Robby Gordon (didn't impress me too much really because he didn't seem very personable.) But I also saw and said a quick good luck and got pics of Sterling Marlin and Casey Mears and they both seemed so happy to be there greeting the fans. Jeff Gordon got a huge boo from like everybody in the stands, because he didn't even wave when they were riding around in the pickup trucks for driver introductions. He had his butt to us and didn't even pay any attention. What a stuck up snob! Oh well, not like anyone really cared to see him anyway. :) For my first race, it was awesome. I got to see a lot of cool stuff and take pictures. It was a fun, tiring weekend!

10. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

I couldn't believe the boos for Gordon, Harvick, and Busch. I think Waltrip likely received the biggest applause from everyone.

As for the drivers seeming grouchy.......I would be too if I had to sign autographs, and deal with the crowds all of the time :) But then again.....they choose to do that sport....they can leave at anytime. It's all part of the program.

11. Michigan is a pretty cool place to watch a race. Used to go to the June race every year, but haven't been for a couple of years. Believe it or not the best place I found to watch was on the pit side of the front straight. You could see the cars from turn 4 to turn 1, turn around and watch the jumbo tron for anything on the back straight, and you were RIGHT in the pits to watch the pit action. Pretty cool. Go 88.

12. fishinchick

If I were making 100,000 as a prize in one race, not counting money from sponsors and stuff for not even coming close to winning... I sure would take an hour out of the day to meet people and be nice about it. ;)

13. ShoreBoundOne

ShoreBoundOne lengthy Member

I have never seen this many men in one place that liked gordon:D....GO RUSTY !!! YOU CAN STILL DO IT.

Mitch

14. Bobby Labonte stunk again yesterday. I hope he can hold on these last three races. He is only 7 points away from tenth, and I think 13 points away from 11th place.

15. flathunter

I watched Jeff Gordon win his first sprint car race many years ago, at KC raceway near chillicothe. Been a huge fan every since
    Now he has 4 Nascar Championships, and 69 race victorys.
    You cant say anything good about him without the haters coming out..I have Followed NASCAR since petty was on top...I personally would rate Gordon as one of the top 3 drivers in the history of Nascar..Petty, and David Pearson being the other two.

16. sporty

sporty OGF Team - Charter Member

I don't know if I would go top 3 or not. He is good though. I'm not a Gordon fan but I have a huge respect for someone who has been a fan since he was on dirt - especially at KC ;). I was a #3 fan and still haven't found a driver that I like that much. I like Jr. and have a bunch of Jr. stuff but it just ain't the same.

-Jeff

17. fishinchick

I don't know how you can rate the "top 3" racers in all of history, and add Jeff Gordon but not dale sr. :rolleyes: :confused: That's messed up. Glad you don't work for fox sports! ;)

18. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

That might make for some funny stuff though on TV :D ;)

19. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

How about Martin Truex Jr. ....wow what a driver....to come out his first year and dominate...i think if waltrip dont pick it up next year Truex will be divin the Napa chevy in 2006....I think Dale Jr. is starting to whine at little too much...im a die hard Jr. fan but he acts like hes the only one on the track that dosnt have a perfect car...they need to get there $h!t strait if they want to win any kind of champ....oh well i guess thats the bumps inthe poad...GO Martin&DALE JR!!!!!!!!!!