Nakina,onterio

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by olejoe, Aug 25, 2008.

1. olejoe

olejoe sr

:B Just returned from a fly-in trip to Nakina and had a good trip. Lots of fish with a 40,1/2 in pike the largest. Walleye were up to 21in with most being 16 to 18. Weather was good but 2 days of bad wind which limited our fishing area. Was good to get away with no phones tv or radios. Its a peaceful world that way. Back to spring fishing for next year and a different lake. I can be ready by tomorow. :) :)

2. You got it olejoe, people think great fishing is the best thing up north but the solitude, peace and tranquility definitely make it a whole different world.

I have never been on a fly-in but it’s on the bucket list :) I am going back to the Montreal River for a week this coming Saturday. It can’t get here soon enough. Like you, I’ll be planning my trip way up north for next spring when I get back. But I’ll get a muskie trip or two in before winter :)

I hear ya about the wind. I can take anything but the wind. Sounds like a great time with good fishing - a great combination :)

3. Can't wait to go next year even though it will probably be the last time.
    We fly into Washi Lake for 7 days of just men doing what they want to do,
    FISH ! , play cards , drink beer.

The cost is just getting too high. Next years trip will probably be $1700 per man where as it was only $800 7 years ago. The outfitter alone has raised his fees $750 per man in the past 12 years.

I envy you olejoe because I didn't go this year and hope you enjoyed your trip as much as I do up there. There is no better fishing here in the USA as there is on a fly in to a remote lake in northern Ontario.

4. olejoe

olejoe sr

I know what you mean by getting expensive jignut. It was about $1,500.00 this year. Our outfitter has held his prices pretty good but with the van rental food and gas nothing is ever coming down. I save for it all year and truly do enjoy it. As we get older i don't fish nearly as hard as i use to but means more i think. And yankee get it out of the bucket, as a guy once said we are in the fourth quarter and its well worth it.

5. Ole Joe sounds like you still had a good trip caught alot of fish, some big pike too.What lake next year still going with Awo or another outfiter.Last year when i checked with Awo he wanted to put us on Wayner or Makoki Lakes and the cabins looked real small Awo has some of the lowest rates ive found lately,how maney in your group if i see something i will pm you.
    Fred