close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Nachos tonight

Discussion in 'OGF Kitchen' started by Rooster, May 27, 2005.

1. Grilled Chicken breast (marinated in garlic, lime juice, and salsa for the last 24hrs)
    Grilled portobella mushrooms and red onions
    Refried beans
    Fresh Mozzarella cheese
    Green onions
    Jalapenos
    Sour Cream
    Guacamole
    Salsa

Grill boneless Chicken breast, mushrooms, and onions. Cut chicken breast into strips. Create a “bed” of restaurant style nachos on a large heavy plate. Spoon on desired amount of refried beans, add strips of chicken, mushrooms, and onions. Cover with fresh mozzarella cheese. Place in broiler until cheese is completely melted. Add jalapenos, sour cream, guacamole, and salsa on top of melted cheese.

Enjoy with frozen margaritas or corona (I’m having both here in a few hours ).
    :D

2. Here's one of my favorites, kinda simple.......but YUM!!!!!!!!

Some tostitos to start out with........

Homemade chili(see chili thread)
    Monterey Jack cheese
    Jalapenos

Chips in large baking dish, topped with chili and tons of cheese. Bake at 375 til cheese is melted take out and top with fresh cut 'penos.

3. Sounds great rooster..gonna try

4. Reminds me of this little Mixican place in St John. My wife and I had nachos just like that but we were drinking rum punch since we in the Virgin Islands.

5. I had the nachos for the first time at a small bar in Juarez Mexico, and I think that three of us went through about 5 plates. It was 1988, I just got out of basic training at Ft. Bliss, I had my first weekend pass, we crossed the border and hit the first bar. If you have every been forced to eat Mess Hall food for a long period of time, you can appreciate just how good those nachos were with a few bottles of Dos Equis!

6. I have never had to eat the mess hall food but I bet the beer was just as welcomed as the nachos. Did you have the light or dark Dos Equis? When I was down there I drank the dark and it was some pretty good stuff.