Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
lovin erie
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone breeding African cichlids?.....I would rather buy from a breeder than a store.....to many hybrids.....

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,421 Posts
Something Fishy on State road in Clevdland is the best place to buy them, they have rare fish and do all their own breedding inhouse, I've been next door and downstairs of theire shop amazing how many tanks they have setup.

·
lovin erie
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks.....I've been to somethings fishy....he dose have nice stuff...but, I little high on price.....I would rather find basement breeders.....nice fish...half the price:D

·
Registered
55 Posts
There is a Cichlid group in Cleveland that meets regularly, Great Lakes Cichlid Society, some of the guys bred some cool rare Africans. It has been years since I bred them. I went over to goldfish (Ranchu), more expensive than haplochromis, but fun to breed too. Now I just have 18 tanks in my basement doing nothing.

Jeff

·
lovin erie
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks jeff.....I didn't think that club was still active?.....I thought everyone went to the OCA.......

·
Registered
140 Posts
There is a Cichlid group in Cleveland that meets regularly, Great Lakes Cichlid Society, some of the guys bred some cool rare Africans. It has been years since I bred them. I went over to goldfish (Ranchu), more expensive than haplochromis, but fun to breed too. Now I just have 18 tanks in my basement doing nothing.

Jeff
18???
i thought i was bad with 10 (and the 8' fish pool)... but then again, if i could figure out how to put more tanks in the basement, i would..right now around 1400 gallons

·
Thank you, dear God, for this good life.
151 Posts
I got some African cichlids for sale cheap with a 125 gallon tank for sale just tired of them check them out on you tube its the first one john bee. put this on youtube
rainbow in the dark african cichlids 125 gallon fish tank

1 - 9 of 9 Posts