close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Myrtle Beach

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by shroomhunter, Aug 26, 2007.

1. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

Leaving Thursday, any suggestions on a charter or head boat? My 9 yr old wants to fish in the ocean and catch a shark, I just want to catch a fish dinner. Thanks for any suggestions!

2. FishJunky

FishJunky AEP Tuber Association

Hey Mushroomman, Hows it going. I'm going to be just north of you in Ocean Isle. I'll be doing alot of surf and pier fishing. There is a real nice charter boat there called Capt. Brant's Fishing Adventures. Great guy.

www.oifishingcenter.com

3. Its a head boat about 15 miles n. of north myrtle.. I went on it when I was a kid and its still there,,different boat Its Up by Clabash

4. Fished with this captain about 1 month ago. We had fun. Caught mostly flounder, but a little bit of everything. Nothing big, but I don't think that is unusual for that time of year. We did a 4 hour charter in the morning. He is reasonably priced compared to others.

http://www.fishnorthmyrtlebeach.com

Joel

5. shroomhunter

Hooked up with Fishjunky down here today, he set me up with a pole at Ocean Isle Pier and a Mullet for bait. I soon had a nice Spanish Mackeral flopping on the pier. What a blast, my Son ended up with 2 little fish that I called ocean bluegills. Thanks Fishjunky!!!!

6. If you want a relatively inexpensive charter, drive North to Little River. It is a very small town so you will easily find the charter boats there you can inquire about rates, times, etc. I went sea bass fishing there once....wife got sea sick and I held mine in...water was a bit rough that day. ... but we caught fish. Also, fishing of the Apache Pier in North Mytle Beach can be good. I heard you can cath flounder at the right time of year by dropping mud minnows straight down next to the pier pilings. I caught a bunch of different little fish, including a little hammerhead shark and sand sharks, when I was there. Have fun!

Sluggo

7. shroomhunter

I heard from some locals that the Apache Pier was happening but only fished the one day. Hopefully Fishjunky will have a good report when he gets back:D

8. FishJunky

It was a great week down at Ocean Isle this week. The weather was wonderful and the fishing was very good. I ended up with 15 to 20 Spanish Macks, 20 Blues and two very large sharks. I caught the Spanish and Blues free lining mullet on top of the water and on Gotcha plugs. The largest Spanish going 32inchs. Which was a personal best for me on the pier. I caught well I shouldn't say caught but just had some fun with a couple sharks. The first one was a spinner shark that jump out of the water about 10feet and snapped my line. The second was a nurse shark that I battled for about 25min and he wrapped me on a pilon. Both caught on mullet also. Had a great grilled fish dinner on tuesday night of the Spanish and Blues. Thanks for coming up for some fishing Mushroomman. Sorry it wasn't better. It was on one day and off the other. We did have a good meal at Benjermans Calabash though. All you can eat Prime Rib, Ribeye, Crab legs and on and on. 180 some items on the buffet. Man that was a rough night after that. We had a great time and I suggest Ocean Isle to anyone who loves the beach.

9. shroomhunter

to another trip down there, especially now that I have a salt water fish under my belt. Those Spanish Mackeral are a blast to catch and man do they fight!!
    Thanks again for sharing your equipment and bait and yes the food at Benjamins was great!

10. I'm headed down there this coming Sat for a week. Love to surf fish. My son caught a 4 1/2 ft shark fishing in the surf this year,and he also caught a big sting ray. Hope to catch some flounder when Im there. We are on the ocean, our Time share is called Shore Chrest I . It's on the street across from Barefoot Landing.

11. FishJunky

Finger mullet is going to be your best bet. They are everywhere down there right now.