Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading down there and wanted to know if anyone knew of a good Charter Captain in that area. It does not have to be deep sea fishing and can just be coastal. Thank you in advance for your help!
Jim

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I know one not to use. ...sea quest charters. .capt Randy Atwood...I was down there on my honey moon and he really did us wrong. .. booked the trip in February for a morning June 22nd trip. .. wake up at 5am Not a big deal. .. we get to the boat and the dock partner from the boat we were supposed to be on said you here for the broke down boat. ..I was like you got to be kidding me. .. it wouldn't of been a huge deal if he would have just called to let me know. . He had my number and email. .. then he said he would find us another boat and i waited for his call to no avail. . This happened twice. .. needless to say I worked on charter boats for years and yes boats break down but you need to inform and take care of your customers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
We're down here at North Myrtle for the week, gonna try to hook some flounder at cherry grove boat landing off 53rd tomorrow morning. Know of any other spots? Considering some in shore charters because we've never tried it - almost every yr we go deep sea

·
Registered
890 Posts
Another place to try would be at the swash at the end of N.ocean Blvd.also off the pier there straight down next to the pier pilings. There is a good breakfast rest. called Golden Waffle. if you have a throw net try for mullet in the morning its good bait

·
Registered
9 Posts
Fished a good 15-20 hrs on my week long trip and got a total of 0 bites. Apparently the rain from last week really messed up the inshore fishing because the creeks overflowed into the water and messed with the salt content. Still had fun, but woulda liked a flounder or two.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts