Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Bubby wanna be
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK i have already booked but i wanted some input on where to stay....i am booked at the crown reef they had a deal where you pay for 4 nights the 5th is free so i got a ocean front 2queens w/full kitchen for $592 total tax and all ....did i make a good choice or should i rebook...i have only been to myrtle once before that was 7 years ago and the resort i stayed in then(blue water) i though was a dump i don't want a repeat of that trip any info would be great...any must see attractions I'd like to know about too we are going there on June 8th-13th ...i have checked out all those review websites i don't think i can go by them for example one site gives the crown reef a 7.8 out of 10 another gives it a 2.4 out of 10 what gives

·
Just a blind man trying to catch a fish!!!!!!
1,978 Posts
Are you staying in North Myrtle or Myrtle?? We always stay in NMB and love it
lot less crowded . If your staying in NMB , Or if you ever want to check out places in NMB try Elliottrealty.com , Weve used them everytime weve been there and they're always great to us and the cheapest weve found.

·
Bubby wanna be
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looks like the have great rates for weekly rentals...i was looking for daily rates that are beach front with some nice pools ...thanks for the link iv got it in my favs. for future reference

·
SW Ohio
187 Posts
We've stayed at the Crown Reef 5 times, it was great every time. It's been 4 years since we've been there though, but I doubt that it has changed much. It used to be one of the nicest places on the beach, probably still is.

Springmaid Pier is right beside the Crown Reef if you are going to try fishing. There used to be some big sharks (8' ???) that would hang around the pier and eat the fish guts people would throw over the edge. The kids really liked that. I never tried surf fishing at the beach and I only saw a couple people try it and they didn't have much luck.

There is a pretty nice aquarium in town that we would go to on a rainy day. I also took my older boy out on one of the those half day head boats a couple of times. We never caught anything huge, but we always caught a bunch of black sea bass.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts