Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Going To Be In Myrtle Beach The 2nd Week Of August (honeymoon) This Year, And Wanted To Get One Decent Day Of Fishing In. From What I've Seen On Fishing Shows, I Always Thought It Would Be Fun To Go After Redfish Or Speckled Trout. The Best So Far I Could Come Up With Is An Inland Tidal Water Service That Charges $300 For A 4hr Trip. He Says That The Bull Reds Will Be In Those Waters At That Time And Very Catchable. I Would'nt Mind(much) Paying That Much For An All Day Trip, But At 4hrs, That's Just A Tease. I Was Hoping For A Little Better Price Also. Any Suggestions Guys?

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Check the charters out of Little River, SC and Calabash, NC. They are both north of Myrtle. I've taken the Hurricane Fleet near-shore drift fishing 1/2 day cheapo deal and it was a waste of time in mid-August. Caught a few 15" sea bass type crap and tangled lines with 30 people arm to arm at the railing. I'm told the gulf stream fishing is a blast with big sport fish caught, but the price tag and hours at sea were more than I wanted. I have no info on backwater stuff. Good luck and report back!

·
Registered
887 Posts
Why dont you try surf fishing ? Its alot of fun and not very expensive. If you go down early in the morning (daybreak) and you have a throw net you can catch bait fish along the shore line very easy. Then you cut it up for bait. I fish in the morning till all the people start coming down to the beach. The best time for trout is in the evening about 1 hr before sunset to 1 hr after. After that you have a chance to catch sharks. If you want more info send me a message I will gladly help you out.

·
Registered
105 Posts
$300 for a 4 hour trip is an average/normal rate.
It can even be a lot more costly than that.

GIANT reds should be moving into inlets and passes to spawn from August to October in most coastal states. You might get some off the beach, but your chances aren't all that spectacular.

You should have taken that honeymoon to Central Florida, we've been sight fishing bull redfish in 2-3' water since the end of January. We do it year round.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's What Iv'e Been Seeing On The Prices. I Did Find One Guy Who Is At $400 For A Full Day. Thinkin About Booking With Him And Crossing My Fingers. I Know You Get What U Pay For, Mostly, But Sometimes All U Need For A Good Trip Is A Decent Boat. Take Earie Walleyes This Year, For Example.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts