close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Myrtle Beach Fishing

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by PoleSnatcher, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Leave next week for Myrtle Beach and we are looking to do some fishing. Any recomendations for charters? Don't really care what for just want to give ocean fishing a try

2. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

A lot of good charters leave from Murrells Inlet. Also, try eating at Creek Rats, Drunken Jacks and River City Inn. If you like ribs, hit T-bones in Murrels Inlet (on 17). Have fun. If you want other dining and entertainment ideas let me know, it's my second home down there. Plus, my brother lives there! Lucky little turd.

3. we are planing on eating at margaritaville, dicks, hard rock and don't know what else. We are only allowed to fish one day :( so I'm open to suggestions for stuff to do

we are staying at a place called the sea echo

4. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

If you like seafood, then those places are not going to be good. I know the Hardrock is cool. Also, Nascar Speedpark and Cafe rock.

5. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

drink alot down there and walk the beaches at night...very interesting, watch out for some of the girls... they are big and agressive, lol, so many things come to mind.... are you staying in south myrtle?

6. if you cant find a charter....concider some surf fishing. I can give you some tips on it if you want...the redfish and bluefish should be biting and the flounder might be starting to also...or go to a fishing pier?

7. I was there two weeks ago and fished right on the beach at night. Caught 26 small sand sharks, five of what I call sheepshead, and one nice hammerhead shark. What was funny is all the people still in the water at night, I am fighting this small hammerhead, and when I brought him on the beach, no one would go into the water. Used shrimp and casted as far as I could.

8. lots of sand sharks from beach area.if ya want charter or party boat head to north myrtle beach,you ll find what ya want there.

9. Never fished when I was down there but there are several piers we walked out on and people were catching fish, dont know what they were. Good luck, you will have a good time.

10. FABA_Guy24

FABA_Guy24 Bucketmouths Nightmare

I will suggest a boat called The New Double "R, which is at Little River. Ricky Long is the Capt.. They showed us a really good time for shark the last time i was down there. :B :D

11. Paul Anderson

Paul Anderson Logan's Dad

I highly recommend "Capt. Dicks all day gulf stream" headboat. I have taken my son when he was 8 and 9 years old. It's a three hour ride out, then you fish for five hours, then three hours back. We have filled three laundry baskets with fish each time out. I'm talking about a fish fry for over a hundred people. Those are the two best days of fishing we have ever had. We didn't get to Myrtle this year, but next year you can bet that we will do it again! We have caught tuna, snapper, grouper, triggerfish, amberjack, bonita, sea bass, and some others I can't remember. We have averaged something like a fish every three minutes for the five hours we were fishing. They fish really deep and so I rented an electric reel for my little guy. He just lays the pole on the rail and pushes the button....up comes the fish. I am not affiliated with them in any way, just a satisfied customer.

Here's a link...you will need reservations. Capt. Dicks

12. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

Check out the "Blackfish" in N.Myrtle. Caught my biggest Black tip shark with him and also was completely worn out on seabass.

13. thanks guys, from what I see sea bass is not at it's best this time of year ???? thats what we were planing on going for. Baracoda or shark would be fun!!!!

14. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

Shark is best in July, but they might have a fall "bite"

15. Hopefully we will decide by this weekend,

chessie: on a side note I see you duck hunt quite a bit, I thought about giving it a try, is deer creek any good? duck hunted once when I was younger in Pensylvania