Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife wants me to find her a UL Spinning Reel...

Right now she has the Pinnacle Peforma XT Spinning reel $87.81 add in her hand.
She is getting the fishing bug more and more, and wants a nice new Ultra Light Open Face Spinning Reel for throwing small jigs and such.

I told her that 87 bucks might be a bit low to spend for 'A good one'...

She told me she would go no higher than around $140 or so.
She said if she spent 200 on a reel she wouldn't feel good about owning it. :confused:

Go figure!! ;)

So what would you recommend your your better half, still not crossing $150.00 bucks, so she can still enjoy being the owner of such a reel...

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
If you want to make your wife happy suggest that she get a Shimano Saros FA 1000F..... $139.99 at Tackle Warehouse.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Shimano, that's all I will buy in a spinning reel. Get the most expensive that you can afford. My UL is over 20 years old, never had a problem.

·
Banned
809 Posts
Not sure if you picked one up yet or not? I came across a Pflueger hybrid combo at Cabela's. It is not a spinning reel but hangs beneath the rod just like one and has a trigger release. I bought 2 of them and I enjoy using them... I think they were in the $80 range. I'm a cheap skate:D

·
Just practicing my cast
4,712 Posts
+2 on that she will love it and you
If you want to make your wife happy suggest that she get a Shimano Saros FA 1000F..... $139.99 at Tackle Warehouse.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys... She still has not bought anything yet.

I will look into the Pflueger hybrid combo at Cabela's too.

·
deleted
3,891 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
I agree here.Have had one for several years now.I've gone through many spinning reels through the years and this is the smoothest I've ever used for the money.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts