close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My weekend

Discussion in 'Bucks and Does' started by lureboy98, Oct 10, 2004.

1. lureboy98

lureboy98 Livin' the Lifestyle

Friday I went up to the stand at about 3 after my classes and did not see a deer until six where I saw two does, a yearling, a little six point, and then finally another yearling. The only shot I would have had was a 30 yarder on the little six. Saturday I woke up early and got to the stand before dawn but little good that did since I didnt see any. Got down from the stand about 10 and did some fishing and was back in the woods around 1. I decided not to sit in the stand but walk around a bit. The first place I stayed for maybe 45 mins (took a nap) and then I decided to move to a different place. At the second place I saw two does and a yearling, one doe and two yearlings, a small six point, a small four point, and a whole lot of turkeys. I had a 10 yard shot on all of those except the turkeys. All in all it was a pretty good weekend.

2. traphunter

traphunter Guest

Sounds like an exciting time. I only saw 2 deer this whole weekend.

3. Hey lureboy , you and your dad hunting down in Nashville again this year ? When we going to do a Shreve hunt together ? Take care................Rich

4. lureboy98

lureboy98 Livin' the Lifestyle

Whenever you want...I am currently trying to get the old man out on Saturday, I'm going regardless of whether he does or not....I'm hooked this year again and I'm convinced I'm going to get one this year no matter what so putting in the time is no big deal!