my sunfish sailboat duckboat rework

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by freyedknot, Sep 12, 2008.

1. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

i am turning an 11 ft stryfoam sunfish sailbaot into a duck hunting boat. it is rated for 315 pounds of weight and has a beam of 38 inches. i am adding 8 inches to the beam and added some small pods ton the transom to boost the weight rating . hares some pics of the work so far. i will be doing some glassing and painting this weekend.these pics are from when i baught it. so far i have a little over $100.00 in it and it weighs 60 lbs, so far

Attached Files:

2. freyedknot

here is the work i did in the last few days.

Attached Files:

3. freyedknot

finished the bottom and ready for the topside. reinforced the transom for my trolling motor too.

Attached Files:

4. freyedknot

finished up the sunfish duckboat today, but wish i was out perchin.

Attached Files:

5. freyedknot

few more pics from today.

Attached Files:

6. That is sweet, nice and light I assume? I need to try that duck hunting thing one time in my life.

7. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

very very nice work

8. freyedknot

papascot, i sent you a P.M. . not sure if it went thru?.let me know.

9. Great job. My brother had someone give a boat just like that a few years back and it is still sitting in the barn. Now we have a good idea of what to do with it!

Papascott, be careful, if you go once you'll be hooked!!! Just as addicting as fishing and almost as expensive!

10. Nothing can be as expensive as fishing! How many shotguns can a person need???? :)

11. Very nice work. I have one of those boats in my yard if anyone is inspired by this fine workman ship. Can have for a small donation. Athens Co.