close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My son's first fish ever!!!

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by ShakeDown, Jun 28, 2004.

1. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

The wife and I decided to take my son out on Griggs yesterday evening, hoping to put him on his first fish! Although he's been out on the boat with us since he's been around a year old (gotta start em young!) this was the first time we whipped out the zebco snoopy rig.

He was on the gills from the start, and even boated a small bass in the mix! It was AWESOME. He's still this morning talking about the "big fish" he caught! He caught countless gills (a coupla chunks too) and we had a blast. Talk about a proud father :D

Here's a pic of his first fish ever! Can't wait to get him out there again.

[​IMG]

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Congrats to you and your son, he looks like you also! :D

3. I don't know flat, he kinda looks like Dale or maybe a little like Gary.

4. Great pic. Brings back a flood of memories with my 19 yr old son. I see your rod/reel in the picture, but what was the boy using? :D

5. Great picture. It does bring back memories. :p My kids are all grown now and I miss having those little guys around. :( No grand kids yet either... I'm patiently waiting....... :rolleyes: Enjoy every minute of it...... ;) Stan

6. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Awesome Shake!

Who was really teaching who? The smile on your face looks like you were really happy to have someone show you how to catch a fish. He looks happy to have helped you out. The rod is in your hand.

Congrats on the first one, you'll both have great memories.

7. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

That's great & it was nice of you to let him use your new fishing rod ! ;)
    Enjoy them while they're young !! I miss the "good ol' days" when my boys were small.

8. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Stan,

I have two granddaughters, 8 & 10, that live with me. They LOVE to fish. Do you want to borrow them for a few months :D

Kim

9. ShakeDown

Hah...you guys are tough crowd :D

I'm deadly accurate with the snoopy zebco ;) Isn't that pretty much what you ice guys use?

10. Nice picture! From the looks of things, you'll have opportunities for many more.

Snoopy rods are great for kids. Mine have all worn their's out. BTW, Grand River Tackle holds a Snoopy Rod Steelhead Tournament every year. ONLY Snoopy rods allowed. Fun to watch that fight!!!

Congrats on the great time and tahnks for sharing.

11. Congrats man. Cant wait till mine is old enough. Ive got him saying walleye every time he see's the wall mount and hes only 20 months old. He's got fishing in the blood, should be able to take him out next year!

12. congrats on his first,that makes for great times in the future!

13. Congrats! BOth of you look pretty happy in that picture!

14. Great fish, pix, rod. My kids 1ST was on a Scooby-Doo rod. A coupla-pound catfish from Indian Lake when he was 5. Where on griggs were you? We were there yesterday also & didn't catch (or see or feel trace of) any fish until 7:30, north of Hayden Run we found some small cats. I knew there are gills & bass in there but I've never found them!

15. CONGRATS!!!
    Awesome you also have the 1st fish photo :D

16. FishJunky

FishJunky AEP Tuber Association

Great fish buddy!! :D

17. ShakeDown

Thanks for the kind words guys...I think I'm gonna print this thread and responses and tuck it away with the picture...wait until he's 16 or so and decides he can take his old man (haven't we all at one point?) and pull this out to remind him that I'm still his Dad ;)

18. Tee

Tee Team OGF

Shake,
    That is a great photo and a great story to boot. Good Job!

Tee

19. BIGDAWG

BIGDAWG Team Bass Xtreme

Great job with your son. I see you have handed down your DH float-n-fly rig already huh?!!!?!?!??? :eek: :D

20. Stretch

Stretch Wishin I was fishin

That is great Shake!!! He looks like one happy kid, congrats!....Stretch