Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went out tonight and I pretty much decided to lay back and make sure he had a nice time, he floated minnies through the riffles and most of the time he had a fish at the ends of those riffles, he caught 8-10 smallies with the largest being a fat 14" football, he also brought up a couple channels with one being a PB for him at around 4lbs, right at dark we caught a couple on topwater one coming on a jitterbug and the other on a skitterpop, I got broke off by something(carp) while throwing a 1/8oz black/chartruesse roadrunner, lots of small baitfish in the water for the second evening in a row.

·
Banned
790 Posts
That's awesome to hear. Sounds like more than enough fun to keep him occupied! What a blast.
It certainly was a beautiful and productive night to be out on the water.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Went back out tonight and it was pretty much the same deal as lastnight, we started in the same hole and did fair, we floated bass minnies around, my Son got a couple smallies and a channel and I got a couple channels, we then decided to move a couple hundred yds down and got into a hole that was pretty active, for the next hour or better my Son brought up probably a dozen smallies with a couple around 14" or better..he also got another channel that was 2-3lbs, by that time it was just about dark and I tied on a jitterbug and pulled 4-5 more smallies out of that hole with the biggest again maybe 14", had my Son not have been thinking about his stomach so much I think we could have kept going and hit a couple more holes and busted a few more..but he won and we headed for Taco Bell instead:D

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got out tonight and pretty much had the place to ourselves, dont know if everyone was at picnics/fireworks, but we managed a few, not as well as the previous two evenings, smallies averaged around 12-13" with a couple fatties thrown in there, got a average channel just before dark, fished a jitterbug for about 40 minutes after dark and got one hookup but he wiggled loose..couple short strikes as well but it wasnt as fast as it was lastnight, threw a Rapala floater there when we first arrived and came up empty, slow night but it was nice to have the place to ourselves.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts