close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My son and I finally caught something!

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by tackleloser, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Finally!! I got a work buddy kind enough to take the son and I out on Hoover last Saturday. Hit the water about 6:15, and not soon after we started landing crappie (8-9in). After the bite died, we decided to troll for eyes, I used a rapala grey shad rap(deep diver). I was smashing some doritos when all of a sudden my pole morphs into a C shape. I yell, "MMMMPPPPHHH!!!" cause I still had the Doritos in the mouth. Anyway, my buddy helped with the drag (otherwise I would have likely tried to muscle it and lose it) and 10 min later.....landed a 8lb cat. My personal best ever. All in all, my son got to catch a batch, I hooked into something above a pound, and the morning was beautiful.....what a day.

2. Congrats on the great day!! Keep at it...there are fish to be caught.

3. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

4. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

The best is yet to come!!! Sept, Oct, Nov and Dec up until first ice:D

Maybe Warner Cable wont reach an agreement with ESPNU and all the Buckeye games will be pay per view:D More time to fish!!!

Congrats on your day!! You'll have many more:B

5. shwookie

shwookie fishing from a kayak

This should of been my user ID.

Nice job.

6. Juan More Fish

Juan More Fish AKA Dnavarroj

When you were trolling, How fats were you going?
    Were you useing a gas or a trolling motor.
    I am learning on how to troll. I bought my first boat, :eek:

7. It was my buds boat and he was driving, I would estimate under 5mph with the line out behind about 40 yards...trolling from South to North..

8. Stretch

Stretch Wishin I was fishin

Sounds like a great day. Out with you son and buddy fishing. Glad to hear your son got into some fish and congrats on your PB.