close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My poor rods...I'm sick.......

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by catking, Apr 8, 2004.

1. catking

catking Banned

I went carpin yesterday, and decided to set up one of my cat rods for carp. I haven't used the cat rods since Santee Cooper a couple weeks ago. ALL the guides on one rod, and half on the other were bent and crushed :eek: These are fairly new , very good rods :( I was really upset. I don't have any idea how it happened, maybe somebodys bags of CARP baits fell over in the freakin truck and smashed them on the way home from Santee Cooper? Just a wild guess.......... :rolleyes: And I'm not talkin DA KING'S carp baits.... THE CATKING !!!

2. ShoreBoundOne

ShoreBoundOne lengthy Member

Bummer. I have had that happen i made up my mind last year it wouldnt happen again.
    I made all new rod holders out of PVC. Cost around 7 bucks each for the materials (5 bucks with the wifes lowes discount:))
    Then had the wife make rod socks with drawstrings.
    Now they can roll around the back of the truck all day and stay safe warm and cozy:D

Mitch

3. Uh oh...couldn't have been my fault, i didn't pack the truck...besides, i didn't have that much bait :rolleyes: ...sorry to hear about the rods, though.

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Hey King, dont worry... It just gives you a reason to go to BPS and get new ones

5. catking

catking Banned

If it isn't cw " jonny pass the buck " carper boy. Yada Yada Yada, Anyways, that's a GREAT idea shorebound. I'm in the construction trade, and I can get the material for nothing, I have friends ;) It's a shame though. These were nice rods. Oh well, I gusee I can buy new CARP rods now :D I told the wife and she was MAD. She said that;s hard for her to believe they are ruined if they aren't broken in half. I told her that guides were needed, ya just can't tie the freakin line on the end of the pole . This aint Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer days.........JEEZE US !!!!!!!! Women....... THE CATKING!!!

6. catking

catking Banned

You are speaking from experiance with this type of accident, are you not Jackson :confused: :D THE CATKING !!!

7. Rick, someone on the old site repaired rods. Maybe he'll see this post. Buck up Jeffro.

Mike

8. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Might cost more to repair them than to replace a $14.99 rod anyway. I think it was the Doctor. :p

9. catking

catking Banned

They were $14.95 :rolleyes: They weren't the best, but they were around 50-60 bucks. I think they are St. Crox? Anyways, I'll go get a few more... THE CATKING !!!

10. King, I have some older Ugly Sticks (free to a good home) that will work for carp in a pinch. I think that one is 10’ and the other is 7'. They are not the best rods, but will make a good cheap and fast replacement (it will take a few weeks to receive those high $ rangemasters you are going to order).

Both are spinning rods.

11. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Hey king......just tell the wife you need a new set of Fox Gladiator Rods (3) with Daiwa Grandwave Reels (3). That should only set you back.......oh.....about $2100 bucks! :)

12. PAYARA

PAYARA THE ONE YOU LOVE TO HATE

tell you what,just last week i had a serious problem
    with a few rods i ordered...seems the people at Cabelas
    or person more like it,perhaps P-ed off help,took no
    consideration into packing rods orderd.i recieved
    the rods with,both blanks busted in at least two places
    each(12ft rods too)every guide was busted(50mm butt guides were bent completely up along the blank) ,and not
    too mention a broken/opened rod tube. :rolleyes:
    now there is no way that kind of dammage could have happened unless it was done on purpose.UPS is rough,
    but not THAT rough :D

13. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

King, Man if they were St Coix they were probally even more than 50-60. I wish I would have only paid $50. for my St Croix's.

This may be stupid, but I have a baitrunner coming to me form EBay, I'm going to match it up w/ a Cabelas King Cat rod, last time I looked these rods were $25.00. I ahve one matched w/ a Electronice Mitchell Fullrunner, & I really like the rod.

14. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

King, send me a email and I will do a repair job on them for ya or I can build ya a few more. Repair jobs are not that expensive.

Jim Reed

15. catking

catking Banned

I want to thank you all for the help and the offers!!! This is what makes a fishin site so great !!! I have taken care of the situation. By the way Mellon- they aren't St. Croix- That was for JimmydaCats benefit :D Thanks guys, I really mean that. CATKING.

16. Buckeye Bob

Buckeye Bob rrbski, The Happy Carper

Sorry to hear of your misfortune....unless...(devious mind thinking here) :rolleyes: it was done on purpose so's you could get some new rods. ;)

17. catking

catking Banned

Hey Bob- I believe cwcarper had a hand in this little problem LOL !!! But i needed a few new carp rods anyhow. I'll be looking into a few shortly. CATKING

18. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

After giving this much thought, I think I am going to break some more of my rods this year. Then I am going to show them to my wife, pleading that she buys me some new ones. And King, Rhonda will be at the carp thingy at Rocky fork in june with me, dont spill the beans!

19. catking

catking Banned

Be nice to see the both of you attend Rocky Fork's carp outing!! Don't worry, my lips are sealed :rolleyes: DA KING !!!

20. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Just found this. It's the email of the guy Doc recommended to fix rods on an old post.....
    rnpull@ctcn.net