close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

my poor boat

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by misfit, Apr 14, 2005.

1. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

i've decided to give the lil' misfit a makeover tis year.when i boat her,i did some mods,but after 3 years,she's become boring ;)
    started work yesterday,and hopefully the transformation won't take all summer :rolleyes:
    the old blue carpet is being replaced.then a livewell(which will serve double duty as a bench seat) will be built in,alon with a front deck extention with a seat and more storage space.as of today,i have the livewell built in,and some carpet done.i think she's gonna turn out nice anda little more "fishable".
    below is a couple pics of the livewell in progress.just the rough-in.tomorrow i hope to have more carpet done,and the live well completely finished,plumbed and wired,and have a couple more pics of progress.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

rick..if u need any help, let me know dood..

3. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

thanks for the offer,ak.if i need help i'll call you for sure.might need it next week,when i start on the forward deck.i'm just taking my time,but i hope to have the back half and the livewell finished tomorrow.then if mother nature acts right,we'll go out on monday,to make up for today.with the wind today,and still being worn out,i did more resting than anything,and just wasn't able to get out.but i ain't forgot.

4. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

its all good rick..i went to take care of my stuff today..i'm getting closer to getting my van back..just rest up ..
    just call me when u need help..

5. catking

catking Banned

Post some finish pics .......... ;) ......... Oh, 'bout time also........ :D ...CK

6. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

hope you get things worked out,dood.i'll help if i can.as for resting,i'm headed for the rack now.maybe i can get about 10 hours of sleep,and feel human tomorrow :rolleyes:

more pics to come eventually.
    hell rick,a few years ago,i could have framed a house in the time it's taking to do the boat:eek: :rolleyes:
    i kinda have to work like you now.work 10 minutes,break 10 minutes :D ;)

7. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Looks to me like you're building compartments to hide crappie in during the boat checks the 23rd at Delaware.

You can not import Hoover crappie to Delaware for the tourney :D

Worm Queen said to say hi to you.

8. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

Hey Misfit. Becky found my cell phone today.. :D I'll leave it at that LMAO. Kim.. Looking forward to seeing you are the crappie tourney If all goes planned I hope to be fishing in it .

9. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

kim :D
    i have a whole week to do my sortin',and fill the compartments :D
    sounds like you've been to deercreek.i gotta get down andsee ellen.been a long time.

mike,all i gotta say is :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    i'm not even gonna guess,LOL.

10. Looking good Rick. When can I bring my boat over and you can start on it? I'll take your's and make sure it gets plenty of fishing done in it. :D

11. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

misfit.......................what did you use for a liner for the livewell (that black thing??).........................thanks jim

12. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

ful,it's a plastic storage container.pretty sturdy.30x13x11 inches deep.perfect size for my boat.got it at home depot for about 12 bucks.
    boxed it in with plywood and it makes a perfect bench seat.

tony, :p :D as long as it's taking me,i ain't doin' another one :rolleyes:
    not to mention fishing time i've already lost :(
    at the rate i'm going on it,you'd be fishing out of it all year,while i did yours:eek:

13. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

thanks rick i am going to put one in my boat and that is a cheep way to go thanks looks good

14. Mr. Seevers, you use bait bigger than the fish most people catch so might I suggest a bigger livewell. Keep the current one you are working on for bait storage.

And what did you do all winter? Most people don't start remodeling at the start of fishing season.

15. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

it sure beats a cooler or spending 150 bucks or more to buy one.aerator cost about 42 bucks,and the wood was free,so for less than 60 bucks,it can't be beat.of course there's carpet,lids,hardware,etc.

sheep,that is my bait tank :D ;)
    bein' as my boat sits outside all winter,and i ain't into workin' out in the cold and snow,i had to wait till momma let me have the garage back :rolleyes:
    anyway,the makeover was just one of those spur of the moment brain farts that i have now and then :rolleyes:

16. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

Seevers

That livewell is for bait. Lil Misfit cannot support a livewell for flathead.
    Thats why we take the camera and scales out fishing :D

17. keep adding pics---I want to see how everything turns out!!!!

18. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

robby,the first flat i had in the boat almost sunk her,and took up the back half of the boat:eek: ;)
    how many goldfish you think we can get in that well? :D

making progress.the back half of the boat is almost complete,including carpet,well,areator.
    time for more demo work on the front half of the boat.need to replace carpet,install storage hatch and rework the front deck and that should just about do it.more pics to come.

19. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

Rick

I figure the livewell will keep a dozen goldfish. Since 6 would be more than you and I ever used in a night it should work out. We set out 4 baits and wouldn't even need to run the aerator for the 2 baits left over in case we get 2 bites :D

I roped 4 flathead to my little boat one night and one of them caught a rope around the transducer and ripped it off. The resulting holes from the transducer screws didn't sink the boat but did fill it with water:eek: