close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My personal best Flathead!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rockbass, Jun 25, 2004.

1. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Well I caught my first of what I consider a good flathead. Good as in size that is! I have caught a few around 10- 15 pounds before, but mostly by luck. I have really just started to target flatties this year, so I was excited when I landed this one. I have had a few on that gave a hell of a fight, but this one I got to land! He/She weighed in at almost 30 pounds and was 37 1/2 inches long. I used my mom's digital cam to get a pic. It is unreal how much of a difference it makes between looking at the pic and looking at the fish itself. I did let the fish go. I held it in the water and made sure it was going to make a strong get away before I let it go. I have always had respect for these big cats. (Well 30 is pretty big to me!) but now that I landed a biggun, I have a whole lot more respect for them. Can't wait to go again tonight. Yes it was on rod and reel not lines for anyone who asks!

Attached Files:

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Congrats! Catching those pigs has gotta be a rush!

3. Mr. Catfish

Mr. Catfish A catfish in human form

Congrats on the flattie.

4. Bass_Hawg

Bass_Hawg Certified Hawg Master

Nice fish!

Now if I could only find a bass that big I think I would be in Hawg Heaven

5. catking

catking Banned

Good deal !!! I know you are thrilled. Aint a darn thing wrong with a 30. Alot of guys never catch one that size. CATKING :)

6. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Thats a great fish, glad to hear ya returned it to the water. I've put in my fair share of time flathead fishing and have never caught one that big.

7. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

Rock

Congratulations on the big flathead!

The pix were pretty dark but if I were forced to guess I would say that was a male.

Glad to here you released the fish. Next time you encounter him he could be 60 pounds!

8. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Nice Flat, glad you released it!

9. traphunter

traphunter Guest

Nice catch, Good job on the release. :cool:

10. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

You're ruined now......you'll be chasing these durn things from now on !

11. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

nice catch.a big atta boy for the catch,along with the release :cool:

12. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

Nice Flathead there Rockbass, keep it up, you need that one for the Tappen tournament, I'll take a 30# anytime good job....Doc

13. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Thanks to all of you guys. I am very excited that I caught one this big. Like I said, I just started fishing for flatties this year really. I have had a few on that were big, but they turned out to just be the one that got away!

I know the pics were dark, but hey, it was dark out and the camera's flash can only do so much! Maybe I shoulda put him in thne bathtub to get a pic! :p

I know I need one like that for the tourney's Doc. My luck is not that good though! Never know though!

Thanks again guys!