close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My PB LM

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by browneye, Sep 24, 2008.

1. This is my first official summer fishing so I undertand this isn't huge by any means, but for me, this was my first true fat piggy of a LM. He is about 19inches and I would guess he weighs around 3 1/2 lbs. I think 4 would be streching it. Of course the photo never does it justice. That's one thing that sucks when fishing by yourself and having to use a camera phone. At least this guy cooperated. I'll spare the story, but it was as exciting of a catch as I have had all year because he had taken the worm a full 15ft away from where I casted it before I realized what was going on! Awesome.

Attached Files:

2. I'm still waiting to hook into one that size around here. good catch

3. Nice FAT fish!! Great catch!!.....Dan

4. Nice fish!

And even better...an accurate weight guestimate! You don't see those too often! :D

5. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

Great fish! Nice and fat.

6. Congrats on your PB,did u eat it ?

7. thanks. as for the weight guess, i learned my lesson last month after fishing at a private lake. I caught 17 bass overall that day, and they were all keepers.the biggest one, which at the time was my PB, was 19in and I assumed MUST be a 4lb fish. My idea of what that weight must be from eyeing a fish was flipped upsdie down when i learned my big PB LM was only 2 1/2 lbs! He was on the thin side, but that was a shocker. BUT, this guy below is a true porker. Fun stuff! Now I want a bigger one. I caught him using a tried and true Powerbait, Red Shad colored 7in worm. I sprayed it down with Gulp Garlic spray (which seems to be working well).

Plus, I caught him 1hr after I lost what would have been the biggest fish I've ever caught. I threw out my worm in the middle of this semicircle of weeds while my wife called to check in on me. As we were chatting, my line starts moving and I yanked and it turned out I had a, at a minimum, 25in Catfish on. He put up a hell of a fight and right when I got him to the surface he got off! Damn. Oh well, i don't like those fish anyhow.

8. nope. i always catch and release.

9. Yep. That's a big one! Congrats.

10. SConner

SConner Fish Whisperer

Very nice! Congrats.

11. cantsleep

cantsleep 3rd shift blues

Fat fish! congrats:)