Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Caught in the pond behind my townhouse on a gizz3. I was casting parallel to the drop off about 6' off the bank. I have caught my personal best sm and lm so far this year. No monsters but considering all I did last year was get skunked on the search for a musky I am happy so far this year. But musky season is starting back up so that skunk smell may be once again in the air.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Very nice fish! Good luck with them muskies...

·
Banned
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am past needing luck I need a miracle. I am definitely the worst musky fisherman in history. Hell I even went to the spillway at alum creek and couldn't catch any and they removed 140 of them from there and put them back in the lake.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Nice one! congratulations!

·
M.saxatilis x M.chrysops
3,310 Posts
Hell I even went to the spillway at alum creek and couldn't catch any and they removed 140 of them from there and put them back in the lake.

That's great news! Not that you couldn't catch them, but the fact now they can't be poached & eaten by the Googans.

·
Banned
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It scares me that people even want to eat the fish that come out of the local rivers. To each their own I guess but anybody seen the crap thats floating down the river.

·
M.saxatilis x M.chrysops
3,310 Posts
I meant the muskies in the spillway! I recall threads about the guys netting them & running them up to their cars.

Sitting ducks basically. Much harder to do when they're in the main lake!

·
Banned
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One of the other stories was a chinese buffett stocking up on musky at the spillway. The DNR really should monitor that area a lot better than they do. Its no secret what's going on up there.

·
Registered
396 Posts
nice looking LM... good luck with the musky hunt too. I've never caught a musky but have always wanted to.

Oh, and i like the ugly stick. They are probably my favorite poles. Being that they're cheap helps a little too!

·
Banned
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have never had any problems with an ugly stick. I have had them bent pretty good trolling and getting a snag. I like the action also. And you can't beat the price

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
thats a good looking bass, great job. nicing looking reel; i,d like to use one, but can,t cast one to save my life. looking forward to seeing that pic. of that big musky u,r go,in to bust this year.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
thats a good looking bass, great job. nicing looking reel; i,d like to use one, but can,t cast one to save my life. looking forward to seeing that pic. of that big musky u,r go,in to bust this year.

·
Cincy Ghost Hunter
115 Posts
Yeah, it's almost time to hit the muskie honey hole again. Let's see if I can repeat my springtime catch of a 36 inch 'ski on my ultra light. Good thing it was spring and the fish was still a bit lethargic. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts