Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 73 sea star bass boat with a 72 evinrude 65 hp. It has power tilt and trim. The motor will go down but will not go up. It will make a clicking sound when I hit up on the switch but nothing happens. I called miller marine in Milton and he said it was probably the celoniod or however you spell it. So I bought a new one off him. Come home and put it in and nothing it won't even click now when I hit the switch to raise it however it will still go down. I am Completely stumped now so do you guys that know something about boats have any ideas for me to try. I really appreciate it. Thanks Dave

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
I would check the battery. like freyed said. It sounds like it is not getting enough juice.

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
well your on the right track, you,ve gone from click to nothing, tells me its a electric problem. clean all connections, and if you have wing nuts on the battery posts get rid of them ,they come loose.

·
Registered
328 Posts
There will be will two large nuts for power to the tilt motor and two smaller connections for the switch. If you jumper a wire (larger gauge wire gets less hot) between the larger connections it will apply power directly to the motor. If that works then you know it not the motor/power. Then you will need to test the switch / wiring.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
274 Posts
I always start with battery, take all connections off, clean wire brush, make sure battery is at 12 volts, check with load meter if possible, auto zone,advanced does this for free. then install and start trouble shooting if needed. trust me start there. many of hours spent working on problems and no power! dan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts