My not so great Burr Oak report...

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by JignPig Guide, Apr 22, 2008.

1. JignPig Guide

JignPig Guide Fishing Guide

Went to Burr Oak last Wednesday and fished Wednesday evening for about 2-hours and Thursday morning for about 4-hours. I got blanked both days. The water was stained and about 58-degrees. I fished the same cove were I lost a giant fish of a life time a few weeks ago. No hits. I searched for warmer/clearer water. No luck. I fished a few points. Nothing. I fished the wind blown shore were the fish attracters are. No luck. I talked to four other bass boaters that were fishing that Thursday morning, including a guy that lives in Glouster and fishes it several times a week, and nobody was catching fish, nor getting any hits!
    I know they're in there. But damn, what a frustrating trip!

2. RiverWader

RiverWader Cottontail Mafia

The Crappie are biting in the lake pretty good.

3. Wife and I spent a few hours on the lake Saturday morning, caught between 25- 30 crappie all in all, only 4 keepers, but was a fun time none the less... caught them all using chartruese jig with artificial minnow and Gulp spray... I swear that stuff works better than live bait!
    Hey Kyle... I stopped by the bait shop in Glouster on Friday night for minnows... opened the door and realized it is now Larry's garage. :confused: Pretty embarrasing. Larry's daughter later told me that you guys are now at the Brickyard Carryout. I'll be swinging by next weekend I'm down there...
    Good to see others catching crappie at Burr Oak... I was beginning to worry after last year.

4. RiverWader

Yeah , He decided to get out of the buisness. The baitshop/gunshop is offically open from 10-6 but theres someone always there that can help you.

5. RiverWader

Talked to a guy today at the shop , said that Sunday, and Tuesday at their Tournaments some Real big fish were caught. It took a limit to win Tues.
    And a big fish of 8lbs. was caught.

6. JignPig Guide

JignPig Guide Fishing Guide

Just my luck...

Fish my ass off for a bass at Burr Oak and get blanked. Then find out that other guys are nailing the hell out of them. Well, I must not have been holding my mouth right I guess.
    I'm not too worried though. I've fished enough to know it happens sometimes.

Thanks for the replies guys.