My new unnecessary custom rod

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by CoolWater, Jul 16, 2007.

1. CoolWater

CoolWater Multi-Species Fanatic

Well, thought I'd show one of my un-necessary custom toys... my new spinning combo for this season's steelhead. I guess if you can't be fishing for steelies, the next best thing is buying stuff to fish for steelies! I'm calling this outfit unnecessary because I have caught plenty of steel on very inexpensive equipment - not to diminish the fact that this is a HIGHLY functional fishing rod that is not simply for aesthetic purposes - it will be fished!

The blank is a St.Croix SCIII, 9'6", medium/fast action, slate grey finish. Wraps are Black/Gold/White. Handle is 'hand chosen' Red Cedar with my initials burned into it along with a school of steelhead sporadically placed.
    I have matched the rod to a Shimano Stratic FH Series reel... I like the reel plenty by itself - but the color matched the white on the wraps nicely.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Looks good. I have a few of those un-necessary rods an reels. My last one was a new fishing net.I only have 5 other ones

3. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

very nice!!

flash-------------------out

4. Sweet rod you got there, I like the initials and the fish on the pole, looks pretty neat.