close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My new pets

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fishman, May 31, 2004.

1. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

I'll be the first one to admitt that dogs are much "cooler," but my girlfriend got me these two little guys. They keep me entertained and keep themselves entertained not to mention for a guy living alone they basically take care of themselves. The gray one is named Frank and the tabby cat is named Esox (thought you guys might like that :p )

I never actually thought I'de be a cat owner, but whadda ya know!

[​IMG]

2. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Have fun cleaning the litter box !! All of the sudden, they won't seem so cute ;)

3. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Found a way to simplfy that, I put the litter box inside of a big black trash bag, when its time to take it out I just pull the trashbag off the way it went on ;)

4. fishinchick

fishinchick The 'Chick!!!!

Those kittens are toooooo cute!!!!! Congrats! YOu'll have a lot of fun!

5. way cool, glad to see that there are some cat friendly people here. Refreshing to say the least. Best advice I can give you is > have them fixed asap, It will save alot of heartaches in the future.....unwanted kittens and if they are males, they won't end up spraying to mark their teritory. don't waste any time doing this. I have a male manx (no tail). Only one cat among 5 dogs. He is the boss over 2 Rotts, a Doberman, and 2 chihuahuas. I wish the dogs were as easy to take care of.

6. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I am a dog lover but I like cats also, when they get a little older you probably will want to get them fixed, it will save you lots of headaches!

7. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

I adopted them from PetsMart, they came with all their shots and we're fixed. Next month they need one more precautionary deworming medication and they're good to go. This was included in the fee that I paid for them, which actually wasn't a fee at all. It appears that PetsMart makes no money off of these pets, since the "purchase" is tax free. All the money goes to the shelter they orginated in, which I my girlfriend paid 70 dollars a peice for them. Which is really fair considering all they need is to be declawed. As of yet though, they havn't been using their claws, except on designated toys.

8. Fastlane

Fastlane Fishless as usual

I've heard about that with Petsmart. I think it's great. I went there the other day and they were doing some sort of fund raiser for the local shelter. As far as them being fixed, consider that a blessing. I unfortunatly have 2 females that are not and we have 8 kittens right now. Cute as can be but a headache to get rid of. Anybody looking for a friendly ball of fur?

9. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

.......well....I NEVER NEVER NEVER thought I would ever share a house with a cat......I like most dogs more than a lot of people, but my wife rescued a 4 year old kitty from a coworker, and I have to admit, I like her. She is so sweet and friendly, and she wants to be a good member of the household. So except for all the hair, I really like this cat. So there is hope for anyone if I can do it.

She looks innocent....but her name is "Trouble"

Attached Files:

10. This is the Warden's cat.

Attached Files:

11. Fastlane

Fastlane Fishless as usual

Here are pictures of our current kittens. The one of the single kitten is our pic of the litters. Very unusual gray/tan color with the cutest black spot on it's nose. The mother looks like a long haired Siamese so it has those markings with a different coloration.

Attached Files:

12. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

I shared the house with one for 19 yrs. Stubborn thing....LOL. Some days you would have liked to kicked it out of the house........but now that he's gone.....you miss having him around. Here's to many years of joys Tom! :)

13. I'll tell you one thing, they like white twistertails! I came home one morning from fishing and just left my pole by the back door and jumped back in bed for a while. Well I got woke up by my cat with a twistertail sticking out of his mouth and the hook from the jig was stuck right through the middle of his tounge. He was just fine jumping on the bed and playing but then I tried to get it out and he realized what was going on. My wife was ready to kill me! Nothing like an emergency trip to the vet on Sunday morning. The funny thing is his name is Catfish!

14. I have one of those automatic scoop litter boxes. It makes cleaning it SO much easier.