Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Livin' the moontime
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to share a picture of my first vessel. Until now, I have always used boats owned by my father, but now I have my very own. I needed a musky trolling machine and I believe that is exactly what I got.
My wife loves antiques....I love boats....we met in the middle with this one.
1961 Lone Star (16')

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
that should make a great troller,doug.

·
Original OGF Staff member and owner
13,428 Posts
Sure looks like that will fit the bill. Nice looking old boat.

·
Livin' the moontime
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys!
I will be taking it out for the first time Monday at Alum.

·
Premium Member
2007 Stratos 486 FS
13,614 Posts
Yeah I was thinkin the same. Looks PRISTINE for a boat that age. Congrats man. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

·
State record bass or bust
1,810 Posts
Man that boat is unbelievably clean for a 46 year old boat.

·
Registered
11,371 Posts
Great looking boat! Where were you able to find a craft that old and in such beautiful condition? Good luck and enjoy.:)

·
geriatrics supporter
358 Posts
sits good and deep, Nice,

·
Livin' the moontime
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There was a lot of restoring done to it. Fresh coat of paint can do wonders too. Only bad part is that the original aluminum roof was bent and beat up pretty bad. We decided to scrap it.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Esoxhunter.. you are gonna love that boat!!! I have a 1957 14' lonestar deep v and it is tough as nails!!!!.. I have beat the heck out of mine!!! It is an awesome fishing boat.. no leaks, stable as heck,and rides awesome... In those years they were made right with thick aluminum and heavy duty rivets.. glad to hear that you got one these gems!!!!

·
Livin' the moontime
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Chippewa! I'm taking it out first thing tomorrow morning. Hoping I can post how much I love it after tomorrow's maiden voyage.
Check out this brochure I found last night :D
I'm pondering getting the logo made from a custom sign shop and painting the original black stripe back on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
866 Posts
Nice Boat, let us know when you put some slime in it.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Thanks Chippewa! I'm taking it out first thing tomorrow morning. Hoping I can post how much I love it after tomorrow's maiden voyage.
Check out this brochure I found last night :D
I'm pondering getting the logo made from a custom sign shop and painting the original black stripe back on it.
Where did you find the brochure? I would love to find some on my 64 T&T and 65 Merc1000

·
Livin' the moontime
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, the maiden voyage on Monday was not meant to be. My exaust on the truck blew up while I was en route. Gonna go for maiden voyage take two tomorrow afternoon at Alum. I have to work til 2PM or so and should be on the water by 3 if all goes well. Gonna run her around the lake for an hour or so and then try to get slimed.
I found a ton of info and brochures about Lone Star boats at
http://www.fiberglassics.com/lonestar.htm
The motor is a Johnson Seahorse 60 circa 1983-ish....recently rebuilt by my father.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts