close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My new fish cleaning table

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Toxic, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

Last month I started putting together a fish cleaning table. I was giving the stainless steel table, and faucet, by two co-workers. And my fishing buddy FireMurph gave me the hose and electrical conduit. I bought the bar sink , and a outlet and weatherproof outlet cover and a 25' extension cord for the electric fillet knives. I also bought locking caster wheels for it. The caster allow me to place the table wherever I want it at. The table has a drawer to keep all the supplies we need like paper towels, zip lock bags, hand soap, knives, gloves etc. The hose under the sink allows me clean fish in the driveway and the water runs off into the yard. I put in a quick connector for the water supply hook up. There is a pull spray hose on the table to clean up afterwards. The table will also double as a picnic prep table. With the electric hook up we can plug in crock pots, electric skillets or what ever.

Attached Files:

2. Great job Toxic! Thats a sweet cleaning station for sure.

3. Looks like a future business plan is in the works. Either selling the tables or cleaning fish!

4. FLT_TUBE_JNKY

FLT_TUBE_JNKY Uber Tuber

nice table, too bad I have the pattend on that and it will cost you for the copywrite infringement.

5. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

Checks in the mail LOL:D

6. Looks nice good job !!!!!!

7. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

Man i'm jealous, would love to find something like that. Nice job

8. You didn't mention it, but you want to be sure the electrical outlets are GFI. Water & electric dont mix well, especially w/metal table & wet floors/ground.

Great looking table, well thought out!!

9. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

Absolutely, great point! The water will not be on when the electric is hot! And the electric will be pulled from the house when the water is turned on. Most of the times I like using my old fashion knife anyways, unless we have a mess of fish to clean. The water is for cleaning the table, filling zip lock bags, and washing up afterwards.

10. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

sweet looking table. ive been looking for a stainless one since i first saw yours.:eek:

11. Great point tOSUSteve! I can remember when we were kids at grandma's house. We would dare each other to touch the steel trim around the sink! It would give you this tingly shock. Please Toxic if you don't have a GFI on it add one. Even if the water is off and its plugged in you can still get the jolt. Water on the ground, in the air, ect.....

I'm on the look out for one of them tables for sure. I think if you keep an eye out for a store remodeling might find something.

12. Great looking table Toxic! I have something like yours but without the sink and wheels. You gave me some ideas. My work was going to throw out a stainless counter top made by Fisher Scientific. They gave it to me and I put it on 2x4's at the same level as the top of our Jenn Air gas grill. Looks great.
    But, I like your options. Hope I don't have to pay anyone for the ideas. :)

13. Sweet looking cleaning station. There's another project to put on the list, lol.

I'll also vote for the GFI. It's $15 that might save your life!!

14. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

Thanks for the compliments. I got the table from a lady at work who owned a pizza shop that got out of the business. So I paid nothing for the table. But I did promise a few bags of walleye for her. The only money I have into it is less than 60 bucks. LEjoe, if you want to send money, I'll take it LOL. I checked with one of our electricians at work and he said my set up is fine. I'll hook up the GFI to be on the safe side. As I stated before the water will not even be hooked up when the electric is hot. Once the water comes on the electric will NOT come back on. I'm telling you guys this thing is a Cadillac when it comes to cleaning fish. It's easy to clean, move it to where I need it, and it's big enough that my buddy's cannot make excuses to help out. If anyone need tips or advice to make their own, please ask.

15. wow!! Thats a really nice looking table. great job!! can't beat the price either!!