My new boat. maiden voyage today

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fish4Fun, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Well i have a new toy to play with and have a ball with the kids and dog on. Here is what i bought. I plan to spend alot of time on it with my kids next year fishing knox lake as i will keep it docked there 5min from my house.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

wish i could have found a deal like that.i'd have had one docked at hoover by now.it's definitely roomy.

3. nice. now u can pitch a tent on it and go fishing whenever u want. :D

4. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

was a good deal and your welcome to come up anytime Rick.

5. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

give a yell when you get the chance.i would like to fish knox at least once this year:D

6. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Went out today looked things over and got the 9.9hp motor running pretty good took spin around the dock area and runs good. Need to put new anchor light on and will do some work to it over the winter wiring wise and spruce it up some but shoot for what i paid i can't complain.

We will shoot to get you up her in a week or so let me get everything ironed out on her and will fish.

7. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Are you still selling your other boat?
    I was wondering what you were going to get to fish your tournaments in next year.

8. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Nice fishing boat, and it already has the stup for a bowmount trolling motor.

Peple... :D.... the tent idea with a heater would work well up until ice over though.... seriously! !%

9. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Me and the oldest boy set out this morning before i had to go to work to do some wrenching on the new toy took about an hour or less to get the motor purring and running as she has been docked and sitting since may. Heres the boy giving her her first run around knox.

[​IMG]

10. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

Awesome!
    You get rid of the old one yet????

11. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Yep sold it man.

12. KaGee

KaGee Monkeywrench Staff Member

I'd pressure check that lower unit after sitting that long out there.

13. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

i will change the gear lube when pull it out check things but no different than any other boat tha sits in the water all year long at docks.