close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My Neighbor Needs Help!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Big Daddy, Jul 6, 2004.

1. He was loading his boat out at North Res. tonight, and his trailer got hooked on something at the ramp. Not sure what, but basically, when he tried to drive out, his trailer was ripped apart.

He has a 17 ft Smoker Craft "BASS CATCHER" flat bottom bass boat. A friend of his at the lake is keeping it at the dock, but he needs to get a trailer and get it home. My questions are, does anyone have a trailer that would fit his boat, for sale? If no one here has one, is there a dealer around who anyone would recommend?

Oh yeah, he got the pieces/parts of his trailer out, put them to the side, and when he returned to get them with a flatbed, someone had taken it! A broke in half ripped up trailer and someone took it. BTW, the plate was ripped off when he pulled it out of the water, so he can't report it stolen.

Anyway, just looking for some help for my neighbor. Spent the evening catfishing at North with his family, then it all went South from there.

Thanks in advance guys.

Carl

2. Oh man that really would suck. Sorry about the bad luck. I can't believe that somebody took pieces of his trailer, how hard up and lowdown can you be. I will keep my ears open for a trailer though. I hope he finds a trailer soon. :mad:

3. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

Big D, you could probably check at Pats boats on Waterloo Rd. I see lots of trailers behind their building while I drive down rt.224

flash-------------------------------out

4. OK. I'll let him know tomorrow. Thanks.

5. Anyone else have any ideas???

6. Is the trailer repairable? Can it be welded together? Glenn

7. i my have a trailer im going to look at a boat for the motor if i get this motor it comes with a boat and trailer that i don't need. the boat is a 17ft bass boat

8. Jiggy, the trailer was ripped in two, then the two halves were stolen.

Deerhunter, thanks. I'll let my neighbor know.

9. I see, pretty sad! I would have blazed them up for you if you had the framework. I was cunder the impression they took accessorys. Glenn

10. No problem man. Yeah, it is a sad thing. He left the ramp for 15 minutes to get a flat-bed to haul it away, came back, and it was gone.

11. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Someone probably thought it(trailer) was dumped & took it for scrap. With no tag, etc, then again, maybe someone with the park removed it. He might call the rangers & find out.

12. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

just a thought even though the plate was missing and the trailer was riped apart if he had insurance shouldn't he still be able to clame it on insurance.

13. Not sure if he had insurance. I guess this story is reason to be sure you have it!