close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My motor will not start, any help would be great!!!!!

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by smallmouth28, Jun 9, 2005.

1. I was out at Berlin yesterday and the motor was running normal, by the way it is a 1978 Evinrude 115, and when I pulled up to the 224 causeway and put the throttle in neutral it just shut off. I thought that was kinda weird but it is a old motor so who knows, right? I trolling motored around to the other side of the causeway and when I tried to restart my motor, it would just chug-chug-chug and then nothing, or the flywheel would just spin. I tried for a half an hour to get it started and then sucked it up and trolling motored back to the Mill Creek park launch ramp by Dutch Harbor. I am not sure if it has something to do with the neutral switch or a clogged filter or what! Any help would be very helpful, thanks!

2. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

Do you have a kill switch on that motor, I have bumped mine before and it wouldn't start?

3. Could you smell gas?

4. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

possibly your nuetral switch . i had a wire come loose off of my 1989 40 hp rude.put it on 3 times ( a pain to get to)then the wire broke off. replaced w/ a momentary switch from radio shack .$3.00 switch as apposed to$25.00 at the dealer, and a real pain to replace . should be inside of your motor controls box .