close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My Minn Kota experience

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by RONK, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Bought a new Minn Kota last year, a bigger model to push my boat around. While trolling Pymatuning last week hit an underwater reef, effectively breaking the t bar that holds the unit in place. Fearing an expensive repair bill I called Minn Kota & was told how to take the unit apart. I was amazed at how easy it was for someone with a total lack of mechanical savvy, & ordered 2 of the t bars today at $.67 each. Needless to say I am more happy with my Minn Kota purchase today.

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Right on. I've dealt with the Minn Kota cust service on a power drive 50 i had on the old boat. Was REALLY impressed with them, and they took real good care of me when I needed it.

3. I emailed em and told em i just bought a used motor and needed part and operators manuals. They put then in the mail same day. And I didn't give em my credit card so i must assume it's free-great job from them.

4. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

YUP!!!

Minn Kota is a class act company. I bought an Auto Pilot over the winter and they sent me TWO manuals in different mailings for free. I just called their toll free number, told them the model number, and I got one in 3 days and the other came a week later. (Don't know how that happened, I guess they wanted to make sure I got it)

I can't recall a large company being so customer friendly in any industry.