close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

my lucky day

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by peon, May 25, 2005.

1. peon

peon account delete

got pulled over on my harley today.... i had no helmet on and only have a permit.. and im supposed to wear a helmet . told me my pipes were to loud!! but never gave me a ticket for nothing just told me to wear my helmet!... i just dont know why he would waste the time to pull me over to do nothing... im glad but upset cause no i gota do something about my pipes.... and i just bought them and they were a pretty penny!....

2. Forget the pipes..Mine are also very loud..You fit the profile for someone law enforcement was looking for,You checked out,He sent you on you're way..

3. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

Ditto. Don't do a thing with the pipes. Friends don't let friends ride bikes with stock pipes. He was just fishin'.

Attached Files:

4. I know there is a few of us who ride...We all need to hook up when/If the weather gets warm..

5. fishits

fishits Banned

You should have taken down his badge number then looked up a lawyer and made some money for your new louder pipes. Helmet? Just a cage for your head and since it is mine I'll go cageless thank you very much. A ride as a group? No thanks I like my solitude and the wide open road just me my ol' lady or someones ol' lady hangin on the back feeling the bikes vibe if you know what I mean

6. Fishits...You're joking right?? You need to read Peon's statements again..The officer ran his plate before he was pulled over.9 out of 10 officers do this.Peon has a learner permit, {Wich requires the person to wear a helmit},That alone give's probable cause to pull over..Law School 101....

7. fishits

fishits Banned

I never joke
    I am a former state officer
    he ran the plates after he pulled that guy over would be more correct or the biker is long gone down the road in most cases
    never assume as you know what that means

8. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

i'm with the others.i wouldn't worry about the pipes.that's an old one that they used to use,but i doubt it's enforced much at all nowadays,though. i don't know one person who has gotten ticketed for it.
    if it was a concern,3/4 of the harley and chopper owners would be changing pipes.nice that the guy bent the rules and gave you a break on the helmet,though.

9. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

doesn't really matter when he ran the plates.that's a moot point.the point is,he gave him a warning,which was nice,because he could have been ticketed for the helmet.that's the law,plain and simple.i could just see taking that one to court.in that case,he couldn't afford the pipes,after the fine and lawyer fee :rolleyes:

and yes,they can an do run plates all the time,while following you,or even when you're parked.that's a law i don't like.and i'm not assuming,but speaking from experience.

10. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

use all you money for louder pipes :rolleyes: that is what this world needs, louder motorcycles

11. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

I agree with shuvlhead. Use the money you save on a helmet and get louder pipes. Great idea.

You are lucky he let you go. In some places there are noise ordinances that CAN be enforced. Some people would be surprised to know that most loud-piped hawgs may be above the decible limit. The question is...who has the equipment to measure the decible levels? Who wants to measure it???

To each their own.

12. peon

peon account delete

wow glad to see all of this feedback.. we do have a sound ordinance in my town. and i do know they have to measure the decibles to give a ticket... but... do can they give a ticket for not having baffles in my pipes... or do they have to measure the decibles???? as for the helmet im gonna buy one and use it in my town. and my town only.... cause he will remember i need to have it on.... thanks for all the help guys.... thats why i came here!!!

13. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

it would be even louder if you just took the pipes off all together! then you could save that money for some kind of siren that goes off non stop!!! :D

Sorry, just came off of NASIOC board, a real bunch of idiots overthere, always trying to come up with ways to make their cars louder, faster, dumber looking, then complain when things go wrong for them.

14. With the computors that are in the police cars officers are able to run a tag and get the info back very quickly, helps to find stolen cars, and wanted felons. In the city of Columbus the law states, loud exaust noise is any noise louder than the stock vehicle. All officers have the choice to write the ticket or not. Sounds like he was in forgiving mood.

15. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

we've got a lot of forgiving cops here in columbus ;)
    a few weeks ago,my friend's funeral procession was led through downtown by 50 harleys,and i'm sure very few were stock ;)

16. Is this for cars too? What about all the stupid import cars that have the coffee can on their muffler. I love them though. They press on the gas and it sounds like they are going somewhere and you look over and they are still sitting in the same place. Must make them feel fast or something. :confused: