Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Horrible! It seriously looks like the Mississippi out there. I got out there at 6am and launched from the Oxbow ramp. Fish were not very active on top of the water in the coves behind the ramp but the wind picked up hard as soon as we got on the water. Because of the wind we headed NE towards the piers. We fished behind there all morning as the fish were semi active on top of the water. I threw Senkos, Flukes, spinners, chug bug, torpedo, and KVD frog. I had nothing. Finally, deeper into the cove NE of the piers I got a strike on the frog in the weeds. Needless to say he spit it out and I never got another. We left and trolled with different crank baits and hopes. I was dreaming for bass but hoping for anything. Last weekend I at least got some sympathy crappie. I didn't have one other strike the entire day and I threw everything at them. My buddy got 3 crappie before the end of the day, nothing special. I got nothing except a tease from a bass. Hope others are doing better.

·
478 Posts
I feel your pain. Hoover has been tough this year for me too. I was at the Alum "Circus" today from 4:00 to dark-thirty and got squat to show for it. I thought the high water would bring the bass up shallow into flooded brush... not. At least not eating what I was offering. I even tried drop shot with live night crawlers and didn't get anything. Oh well, next time we'll tear 'em up!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm still new to Hoover, only been out 4 times now, but have been doing pretty well with crappie. I went out Saturday and it was very slow. Most of my spots that were producing did not produce anything for me. I ended up with about 10 crappie (all seemed to be about 8 inchers), 1 cat and 1 bass. All came off minnow / slip bobber setups and were released.

·
Registered
188 Posts
If Your struggling at hoover, I would give Doug Stewart a call.

He can guide you and is very reasonable and worth the money.

He can put you on Crappie, Saugeye and Bass. His number is 614-327-3439

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
XChris1632X - what kind of boat do you have? Maybe we can work something out. I upgraded to a 19ft bass tracker with a 90hp. Can't afford another 9.9 kicker yet so I can only use my trolling motor. Really limits where I can get to on Hoover anymore.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
I have a 17ft Lund with 9.9 out back. I leave for Michigan next week and will be gone for a couple weeks. I won't be able to get back to Hoover until mid Aug but I will get ahold of you to see if you are still interested in setting something up.

If Your struggling at hoover, I would give Doug Stewart a call.

He can guide you and is very reasonable and worth the money.

He can put you on Crappie, Saugeye and Bass. His number is 614-327-3439
I very well may have to call him for a little trip. Thank you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.