My guest did OK!

Discussion in 'Fish on the Fly' started by ohiotuber, May 1, 2008.

1. I got a PM awhile ago from Tim (a fellow FAOLer) who was coming to Parma from his Kansas home for 2 days & wondered about Ohio fishing. I offered to take him out & took (of all days!) Tuesday 4/29 off to get him into some farm pond gills. The weather looked so bleak, I first took him to the Grand River for his 1st try at steelies. He hooked up twice but lost both. I did manage to land a 29 incher on a pink egg pattern dropped off a black bunny strip, but it managed to flop out of my loose grip before Tim could get a picture. I had Tim take my spot so he could get one, but no luck. I would MUCH rather he get one than me, but at least he got a couple hookups & saw them in the river...he said that alone was a thrill. We then headed to one of my favorite farm ponds. All C&R included 2 small bass & a bunch of gills, including 6 that were 9 to9 1/2". All pics below are of Tim. FYI, the Grand River pic is at the park in Painesville & the steelies were thick in the fast water off the rock island in the far right of the photo. The gills pictured were pretty much the size we were getting...almost all Fish Ohios.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tim is writing an article on the trip for FAOL. We did very well given the chilly weather. I was worried that we might not get into the gills, but they were hitting..got all mine on a red butt epoxy ant that I tie.
    Mike

2. Flyfish Dog

Flyfish Dog Banned

Must of missed this posting but anyways Nice Pictures!! Those bluegills are fun no matter what and at least he got into them steelies that it matters!