My Fishing Boat needs a Ladder

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by CreekFloater, Aug 6, 2008.

1. CreekFloater

CreekFloater Have Water, Will Fish

I know, I know, fishing boats are for fishing, but every now and then someone suggests we take my boat out for tubing, cruising, swimming whatever. My problem is that to go and do this, the boat (Tracker Tundra) ladder that came with it doesn't really work on the deep V set up of the Tundra. I have searched all over the internet and can't find one to use on this boat. I thought about making one, but am not sure how to go about it. Does anybody have any ideas? They would be appreciated. What I have is a aluminum 4-step with large hooks at the top and it is like trying to crawl uphill to use it and get into the boat. I am not as spry as I use to and can't hardly do it anymore.

2. I made one for my boat, it is very easy to make and stores nice but it takes awhile to get used to. Just get some 1 1/2 inch PCV, cut it into 14 inch sections. Drill 3/8 inch holes all the way through on each side making sure they are inline with each other. Then get some 3/8 inch rope and run it through the top hole of the PCV tie a square knot then run the other end through the bottom hole and so on. Do this on each side and then tie a square knot on the bottom. Bring the 2 ropes together at the top and measure from a cleat on your boat to see how far you need to keep the first rung. Tie both ends together at the correct length and your done. If you want a pic let me know and I will post it.

3. I just bought a Lowe Fishing Machine and got a swim platform with fold down two step ladder for safety and water ski/swimming. It has two bolted hand rails and two attachment points at base of platform. I was looking online and saved a page from iboats.com that may give you some ideas. Mine is installed on the side with the steering wheel so I can still install a kicker.

http://www.iboats.com/Marine_Store/....f--search_type.keyword--session_id.460879624

Hope this helps.

4. Juan More Fish

Juan More Fish AKA Dnavarroj

i like that. Thanks for the ideas.:)

5. I like sstaz's rope ladder idea, but the problem with me is that it is very difficult to use this flexible system, because my feet rotate way under the boat. I tried one once.

6. My buddy's Triton has a built-in ladder that is basically a box channel with fold down rungs to put feet on. It's locks in at a decent angle so you would able to climb it. I'm not sure if they sell that style to add to your boat, but thought I would mention it.

7. CreekFloater

CreekFloater Have Water, Will Fish

Thanks for all the input from all. I have been at my wits end trying to figure out how to come up with something prior to a vacation trip to Dale Hollow in a couple of weeks. I will take a look at the pvc idea. I probably wouldn't mind the platform but am not really interested in putting any holes or mounts in my transom. Thanks to all. Any other ideas are also welcome.