close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My First Musky

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by bassmastermjb, Aug 12, 2004.

1. bassmastermjb

bassmastermjb The Lucky One

My buddy wanted to do some musky fishing Tuesday evening at Milton.This was going to be the boats maiden voyage as my buddy just bought the boat last week.So I decided to tag along and enjoy the evening with him.This was going to be my first ever taste of musky fishing.We had the boat in the water by 5:00pm and trolled the river channel for 2 hours with no luck and decided to power troll.Thats when it happened.My rod bent in half and the reel started to sing that beautiful song.I set the hooks 3 times and THE BATTLE WAS ON!!!I fought the fish for about 1 min before it's body rolled out of the water.It wasn't a beast, but I'm guessing was between 15-20lbs.Then my line went slack, it was gone.Immediately my rod doubled over again.I had another one on.This one I landed and enjoyed the fight.It was much smaller than the first one, but was still my first musky on my first ever musky outing.The fish was released healthy and will be there to give someone else the pleasure of catching him.By the way, I was using a 9" Rapala in the trout pattern.

2. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Livin' the moontime

now that's a good musky story! Congrats on your first 'lunge :)
    EH

3. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

congrats, the muskie guys that usually hit milton have been quiet. glad to see something is still in that lake.

4. catking

catking Banned

Good for you !!! Always a thrill that first one. I myself only have one under my belt. It was a thrill. Thanks for the story ;) .CATKING