close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My first Muskie

Discussion in 'Muskie & Pike Discussions' started by legendaryyaj, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Well ive been wanting a Muskie for the longest but since people usually troll for them and Im not a fan of it i didnt think Id ever get one. I did land one earlier this year but he was about 22" and I snagged him on a Vibe pumping it for walleye.

This one in particular was caught in MN while on vacation and was caught casting for bass. He came on a 5" Yamamoto Senko in Watermelon. I was watching the guys up front flip the docks and I was just cleaning up in the rear swimming my Senko when I heard a large splash. I look back and see two more HUGE splash/ I then stop and let him take the bait and boom that was it. I thought I caught the next record bass for MN since it is only 8lbs and it took a Senko. Mintue's later it comes up and its this beaut. My cousin caught one earlier on a Ribbt from bass fishing also and it was 40+". I got to release both fish's since the guys never caught a Ski before. It was a great experience to actually live what Ive been reading about on this site and watching numerous Muskie videos on youtube. Enough babbling!

[​IMG]

2. leg, that thing is a real beauty! It has beautiful markings down the sides.

Congratulations. Great job!

3. nice ski, you'll always remember you're first one.

4. MuskieJim

MuskieJim Trophy Tamer

Nice fish! WARNING! WARNING! Muskies are ADDICTING! Haha. Congrats and welcome to Musky Addicts Anonymous.

Chappy, any nice fish to report on? My inside source says there was a 51'' caught above Harpersfield on a Bagley. 43 lbs. (Apparently)

Once again, great fish dude!

5. Yea im addicted already and wont ever forget that strike or fight. It was awesome. The only thing I didnt like was that I got him on 30lb braid. It kinda takes away but for sure I woulda lost him if I was on my 8lb braid when he took the Senko.

6. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler