Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Joined my first walleye tournament on Lake Erie Sunday out of the Black River. Unfortunately, we had our worst day on the lake ever! We prefished Fri. night and did fairly well. I had a plan all mapped out, then......BIG WAVES blew out the Tourney for Sat. Sunday was to be the day to make up for the blow. When we got back to our first spot, it was muddy...therefore a bust. At our second spot, we popped a 22" fish within 5 minutes.....and that was all she wrote. We checked shallow, deep, and midrange and never pulled another fish. I was too humiliated to even weigh in :( I cannot remember ever fishing a day on Erie and coming away with only one 'eye when the waves would let me troll!!!! :confused: The fish were where we went, they just would not bite. I heard tell of a bite over to the west, but by the time I got that info., it was too late to pull up and run for another pull. From what I understand, they were getting them in the same depth water as one of our "go to" spots with the same program we were running, but they would not go for us where we were at! Oh well....watch out for the next time guys...I don't quit easily!!!! ;)

·
Premium Member
10,886 Posts
Sorry your first wasn't a better experience.

I'm glad you don't give up, because OGF may have an announcement soon that you may be interested in.

Kim

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
There was a pretty good mayfly hatch I heard so your fish may have had other dinner plans...
The thing to do was go to the weigh-in and see what worked for others that day...
Knowledge is a terrible thing to waste ;)
Chin up :D
GOOD LUCK in the future!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts