Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
live-2-fish
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, me and bubba hit up the church pond yesterday. First cast, little Crappie, lol. then i had 2 other LM Bass. then, i went down to the really shallow end, bunch of gills and crappie down there, but i got a CAT!!!!! i was stoked. it was a 2 - 2.5 lbs flathead. it was FAT, and i mean FAT. Bubba also caught 1 LM Bass. He got it with 5 minutes left to fish! you had to be there. whenever he moved, i would get one where he just moved from. lol, well i am at school so i cant post my pics but i will put them up as soon as i get home.

·
Lucky Fisher, or skilled?
1,887 Posts
im also at school so will go into detail on how bad the trip was for me when i get home lol.
the scale said 2lbs. a nice cat and it was a flathead.

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
congrats on your first cat,micro.may it be the first of many.

now...............both of you get back to your studies before i call the principal:D

·
"I sat by the river" N.Mc
1,062 Posts
congrat micro way to go. S

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Kinda rare to hear a Flathead catfish in a pond, you have any idea where it came from? Flatheads are not very good to have in smaller ponds.

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
unless my eyes are worse than i thought,that looks like a BIG bullhead.

·
Lucky Fisher, or skilled?
1,887 Posts
we have heard stories of there being 10-20lb cats in there. we tried fishing for them but no bite. funny the first one out of the place is off a jig lol. next time we go i will bring the catfish bait.

Misfits right. i did not even think Bullhead, feel so stupid now lol, but yeah thats what it is. Thanks Misfit. i thougt it looked kinda odd for a flat more of a head shape like a channel but the brown coloring made me think flat. but Bull did not even cross my mind.

and thats a BIG BULL, the Avg 10-12 inches and less than apound so for a Bull thats a lunker.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Congrats on the first cat Micro!!! That's what we always called a yellow belly. I wonder if a yellow belly and a bull head is the same?

·
Cats are where it's at!
1,497 Posts
Micro

This tidbit might come in handy somewhere down the road.

A bullhead has bone in its pectoral and dorsal fins and can put a painful hole in your hand.

A flathead has cartilage in its pectoral and dorsal fins and these spines will not hurt you.

Check the video ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts