close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My Dad's Florida Toad

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by ParmaBass, Mar 14, 2008.

1. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

My parents are in Florida for a couple weeks. Freinds of their's live in a development with a pond in there back yard. It's a PB for my Dad, tipped the scales at just over 9lb and 24" long, caught on a rattletrap Quick pic by the the pool and it was released to fight again!

2. dont count!!! hes fishing in a CEMENT pond!!LOL!!! nice PIG!!!

3. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

nice pig.i've seen some big ones come out of pools down there too:D

4. Heck of a fish, I can only hope I get one that big one day.

5. Very nice fish, indeed; you got to love Flordia bassin. :D

6. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

INDEED Florida Bassin! He said in previous years it was numbers of fish not size. A 3lber was a "big" fish. But, he said yesterday alone he caught a 4,5 and 6 1/2. They're in the Sarasota area.

7. Reel Man

Reel Man Member

He should have shipped that thing back up to Ohio for you to stock in Ladue!

8. mrphish42

mrphish42 locators dont lie

Parma...........Where's Roland, when we need him.............He easily could have gotten.......oh say......12 or 13#,,,,,,,SON.....know what I mean SON. Fun aside....... Tell your dad.....thats just a little off season jealousy speaking and it is "A DARN NICE FISH".............Jon Sr.

9. nice pig.i'am hopeing to catch one like that in ohio someday.:D :D :D

10. I love Florida fishing.Why do I live in oHIo..

11. cantsleep

cantsleep 3rd shift blues

Same as me... The GREAT WEATHER!!!!:)

12. Blackdfl

Blackdfl SailfishCity.com

Nice bass! Ponds and canals down here are just loaded with bass. So many communities have man-made ponds they keep stocked, it's crazy. That's a pretty big one though.

Been fishing in one pond in Saint Lucie County that was so stocked, you could catch bass at high noon in sweltering heat right at the foot of the pond in a foot or so of water. This time of day they are usually down in the deeper parts of the pond where it's cooler, we were catching them on just about anything we put on our hook and through in the water.