My dad is in the hospital

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by woodysoutdoors, Oct 7, 2007.

1. We could use some prayers. My dad is in OSU med center. Poss 2 heart attacks over week end and 1 last month. They are doing a catherization tomorrow. About 5 yrs ago he had a lung transplant. He has COPD and emphazema. (there's nothing left of the right lung). He is only 53 yrs old.

Thanks!
    connie

2. seethe303

seethe303 Senior Executive Member

in my thoughts! hope everything works out alright...

3. DANDE

DANDE DANDE

Hes In My Prayers And Thoughts.
    Dande

4. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Connie, thoughts and prayers to your dad.

5. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

Wishing the best for your Father.

6. My prayers go out to your father and your family. That is a lot of health problems to deal with at any age. Being only 53 I am sure makes it tougher to deal with emotionally but hopefully his younger age will give him the strength to get through this.

7. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

you and your dad are in my thoughts.i can relate to him and know some of what he's dealing with.had a heart attack at 50 and was also hospitalized 7 years ago this month,at 53 due to heart failure and copd among other things.i hope he'll be home soon,and keep beating the the odds for a long time.

8. Hang in there. Your Dad and your family are in my thoughts...

9. Thank you all for your support and prayers. They did a catherization today and they say he never had a heart attack. 50% blockage in artery but can be fixed with meds. Other than that they can not figure out what is wron with him. why he is having chest pain and arm pain and shortness of breath. I think it could be the COPD and poss rejection of that lung. They did recent test that showed a #1 on a scale of 1 to 4 of rejection. Not sure what that means. Again thanks for the prayers. they worked his heart is fine.

10. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

glad to hear he's ok:)

11. Great to hear..... im sure you and you Family is much relieved...Hope he progresses well!

Frank

12. Glad to hear he is doing better. Prayers still going out for a full recovery.