close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My boat for sale

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by mrfishohio, Oct 21, 2004.

1. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

0   0   0

Hate to do it, but my back is up against the wall. It's a 1986 18' Center Console Starcraft with a real nice trailor that takes a 2" ball. Everything works except the bildge pump went out recently. It has an old antiquish trolling motor(Minkota 36# thrust) it works, but is a little noisey, I never use it, so I left it on just in case of an emergency...but still never use it. Has a newer large size trolling battery...series 36?
    I have to have $7,000 firm...period, or I'm not selling it. I think the title on the motor says it;s a 1985 model, 70 HP Johnson. I had it professionally rebuilt last year for about $2,500 at Dixie Marine in Fairfield. Also had a new coil recently too. Here's the deal, I paid $5,800 for it in June of 2002 as it was a garage kept & looked like new boat. I paid a premium because I was counting on the engine to be like new. Unfortunitely, one of the carbs was running lean so it scored a cylinder. I also had the wheel bearing packed & new seals put in maybe last year, also a new shift cable. If you recall, it was in the shp most of 2003, 3-4 weeks in the spring for the shift cable, then several weeks here & there until when the wires, plugs, etc were changed & then for troubleshooting, then finally being rebuilt. The carbs were rebuilt, the motor was completely overhauled as I didn't want anymore problems or have something go wrong & then it wasn't covered, reed blocks, pistions, rings, bearings, carbs, etc.
    Okay, so here's what I got in it, I initially paid $5,800 in it, then about $150 for changing the oil in the lower unit, bearins packed & new seals, and a new water impellar (late 2002). Then the shift cable early 2003, then some plug wires & plugs. Some other stuff too, leading up to the overhaul. Then from July to about Oct-Nov I was off the water for repairs, etc. I'm sure I put at least $3,000 in it in 2003. I also added a new starting battery, several rod racks too.
    I also had new radial tires ($150 ?) put on the trailer, also a spare tire holder($20). I adjusted the trailer bunks, and winch post to make it easy to trailer also so I can use the transom saver ($20?) I bought. Okay, so much for the mechanical, I added a bimini top with the sliding rails, that was close to $300 by the time it's all said & done. I also bought a boat cover for $235 which is worn, but still does the job. Needs some duct tape or maybe better yet some reinforcements sewn in.
    I've added rod holders, 5 ea 1/2" Driftmasters across the back...$20 ea w/tax also 2 or 3 3/8" Driftmasters on the sides. I've also got 2 of the SS 11" Angler's Pal tube holders on the back & 4 more older slightly rusty chrome tube holders on the sides. It comes with 2 hand crank downriggers and a short mast, and 2 large wooden planer boards ( it was set up to run Erie). He only took it out about 5 times a year. I'll throw in 2 anchors, a chene type and a crab claw and the rope (not my navy anchor). I've also bought several bumpers (4) that will go with it, I've added several grippers everywhere you need them. You may want to add a new fire extinquisher, but it shows a charge still.
    Here's another biggie......won't mean much if you're not in SW Ohio, but LCX-15mt goes with it, has GPS and the mapping feature, with all the software, etc. It's got all my "hotspots" on the Ohio River OH & IN, Cumberland River,TN, Lake Marion SC, Caesar's Creek, CJ Brown, and great walleye ridges in Brookville Lake IN. The unit was close to $900 alone. Still not cheap, but the hotspots are almost worth that !! :rolleyes: I'll add more as I come remember it. The boat is set up and ready to fish, it's a great cat boat, but would be exellant for stripers and walleyes too. It does have a livewell under the front seat, it will fill up, but has no overflow feature, so it sucks. I have a portable bait tank I'm planning to keep. I use the "fishbox"/livewell to keep a small cooler in, if you want to keep fish, bring a big cooler with ice. You won't be keeping them alive in this livewell.
    I'm sure if it's all added up, I've got well over $10,000 in it since I got it in June of 2002. So I will take $7,000 or I'll not sell it.
    The boat is tight, no leaks, the floor is solid, no weak spots, the trim wood does need some TLC, easy enough, just lightly sand & add tonge oil. :eek:
    Top speed is 30 MPH. Here's an old picture from when I took it on it's maiden voyage.
    [​IMG]
    Here's a more recent shot for this spring.
    [​IMG]
    You can see one of the 1/2" Driftmasters on the top right, the others fit across the back too. Here's the locator with fish on it...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mrfishohio

0   0   0

Here's more of the rod holders.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Fishyguy

Fishyguy Crazy Catman

0   0   0

Man, i hate to see you have to part with your boat, we all know your passion is fishing. Well, there's always the dams you used to hit alot from the bank. And lots of members that will take you out. If I could afford it, I'd buy it, I have always wanted a center sonsole. I'll trade ya :)

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

0   0   0

Darn it Jim, I was looking forward to some Bluecat post from you shortly..I hate to see you have to sell it, but I have had to sell things I love in the past to get by.

I hope your situation turns around for you and you get another boat next year.

5. lark101_1999

lark101_1999

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

sorry to hear about this mr fishohio with out gettting to personale any thing we can help out with

6. mrfishohio

0   0   0

Yeah....need money & a good job. Looks like after 19 years our store is going to go belly up. Times have changed, economy, etc. I'm trying to save it, but right now I see way. Can't keep using the credit cards. Never even had one until 1999 and then never used it for over 1 year. Anyway, I know for a fact you can't borrow your way out of debt..... :eek:

7. catking

catking Banned

0   0   0

I am really sorry to hear all this Jim. Hey, your boat is well worth the asking price. And a bit more !!! Guys & gals- this really is a great boat. Therre has been plenty of us guys on this site that have fished with Jim in his boat. You won't find a better boat for that price......... Good Luck Jim...... C.K. ;)

8. mrfishohio

0   0   0

I took it out yesterday on the river to run some Sta-Bil into the tanks & carbs. It has 2 tanks, by the way, 6 gallon tanks, you can get about 25-30 miles on one tank. I know I ran from New Richmond ramp to Meldhal & back on one...whick is 13 miles each way. Anyway, usually I never have to switch to the 2nd tank, they are both metal & are stored under the driver's seat-post, the seat back also tilts from back to front so you can face front of back of the boat.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Tires are still like new....all this pictures are in my photo gallery so you can view them in a larger size for closer scrutiny. ;) Note the welded fender- great trailer !
    [​IMG]
    I keep the bumpers (4) under here.

9. mrfishohio

0   0   0

[​IMG]
    That's the fish box, it does have a pump to run water thru that bar, and a drain, but not set up with an overflow, I keep a cooler & a water jug & rags in it.
    [​IMG]
    Here's the sweet rod holder set up...5 ea 1/2" Driftmasters. You can also see the downrigger bases too. Those are top-of-the-line pin-lock bases.
    [​IMG]
    Here's the boat under cover befroe I left in the AM.
    [​IMG]
    Here's the boat after I returned in late afternoon.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Gives you a feel for the layout. You can see where the front deck ends and rod storage.
    [​IMG]
    Note the tube holders.....

10. mrfishohio

0   0   0

[​IMG]
    There's the motor under wraps, just rebuilt, I also have a spare prop. the boat plug/drain is on the inside, I plug the fishbox drain from the outside.
    Here's a video...full throttle out the front, driver's view..30 MPH
    Front view video-click.
    Now you can listen to the motor...Rear view-full throttle-30 MPH (click)

11. mrfishohio

0   0   0

These were right after i put it on 8-10-02 Has a boot too. ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. mrfishohio

0   0   0

Come on....put this baby in your garage for Christmas......special price now only $6,500 !!

13. CPTN.CROWN

CPTN.CROWN

0   0   0

I cant believe you still have this boat. If i were in shape id take it off your hands. Ill say something to my uncle who is moving to SC. He is looking for an aluminum fishn boat!

14. mrfishohio

0   0   0

Still have it, I can still part with it too. It has a short mast & 2 big trolling boards and downriggers too...

15. If I thought there was any way I could pull it with an 86 Ranger I'd take it but I just dont think my little engine would do it:(

16. mrfishohio

0   0   0

It's not a heavy boat, easy to trailer. Actually pulls much easier than my old 15' Skeeter I sold when I got this. I'd guess you'd need at least a 6 banger ;)

17. yep, I just got a 4 banger. You would probably just see my headlights shinning out of the water:D

18. truck

truck

0   0   0

Twistertail I promise I would not laugh :)

19. mrfishohio

0   0   0

I saw a guy sink a new Honda Passport at Brookville once. He got down into the moss & lost traction, it was all in slow motion, just slide down & two headlights shining up.

20. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

0   0   0

Jim, I can afford 100 bucks, can I have it????? LOL!